XX Replacement Chainring - GXP and BB30 different?

sascos
sascos Posts: 100
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I notice that the replacement Truvativ 120BCD 39T XX Chainrings are marked either BB30 or GXP on the packaging and on ad listings.

Does anyone know what makes then different or if they actually are as they seem look exactly the same?

Plus I can`t think what on earth would need to be different!

Thanks

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    It looks like there is a couple of standards. Use Truvativ XX chainrings in the advanced search here and you can (sort of ) see a pattern. It looks like different chainlines/spiders for each
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • sascos
    Many thanks for your reply..

...so in fact it`s not just BB type it`s also Q Factor and Spider type!.........best I spend a bit more time researching...

Regards - Les
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    According to the Fisher trade website there are 2:

- CRT39XXS for BB30 Q-156 only
    - CRT39XXL for GXP, BB30 Q-164 and S-Works spider

So unless you have the narrow q-factor BB30 it's the second one. I think that's recent though I must say, when I ordered a 42t outer I don't remember there being 2 different codes.

Both are in stock at a retail of £112. Or... you can buy the S-Works spider and both rings for £143 - check your inner before you order!
  • sascos
    Cheers for reply.

I have a Q166 and GXP chainset so it`s the second one.

..and I now get the L-Pin S-Pin thing (popped onto the SRAM website to check the product catalogue....and there`s a C-Pin). In case anyone`s interested they list as follows:

Description
    XX Chain Ring 39T S1 120 AL6 Tungsten Grey L-Pin GXP
    XX Chain Ring 39T S1 120 AL6 Tungsten Grey S-Pin BB30
    XX Chain Ring 39T S1 120 AL6 Tungsten Grey C-Pin Cannondale

This also stacks up the Fisher trade listing part no`s.

This forum is great for finding out stuff ...! Many thanks for the replies