Been to the doctors today

pauldavid
pauldavid Posts: 392
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just visited my doctors surgery with a slight back problem. :cry:

Informed on arrival that I was to see the a newly appointed member of staff. I normally like to see the same doctor on every visit as if possible just because I like his manner but thought what the hell it doesn't matter. :roll:

Went into the surgery to find young white chap who spoke at great length about my complaint giving me lots of confidence in his diagnosis before prescribing some medication. :D

Straight to chemist with prescription and in exchange I am given a large tube of Piles treatment. :shock:

I can only assume that the Piles I didn't know I had are connected to my spine internally about halfway up my back, can someone please help with the following.

Can the ointment be applied to externally onto the skin where the pain is or will the wife have to get elbow deep to apply internally and if so should she remove her watch and engagement/wedding rings first??

All help greatfully received

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    She'll have to take her watch and rings off first !!! Try going to a vet's suppliers and get some of those full arm gloves that they use for 'checking out cows'.

I'd go straight back to the docs, ask to see your original doc and let them know exactly why you don't want to see the new guy again. Or, ask to speak to the doc you saw and ask him exacty how Piles cream is supposed to help your bad back.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Spender45
    Spender45 Posts: 78
    Are you sure you got the correct prescription from the chemist? They have been known to make errors occassionally.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Doctors do sometimes prescribe medicines for uses that they are not generally known for, but that does sound pretty bizarre....probably a miswritten or misread prescription.

I have had a few moles removed over the years and the doctor always gives me eyes drops to put on the wound to help them heal.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Double checked at the chemist and they have given me exactly what was prescribed.

The wife has refused point blank to do the internal application so I've had an idea, if I apply the ointment to a cut down mop handle and lower myself onto it I should be able to reach the spot. Only problem would be if it gets fully submerged and I need someone else to retrieve it. :shock:

Think I might request a second opinion first though.
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2011
    Why waste a good Mop handle ?

That guy on Junior Doctors the other week seemed to do very well with the handle of a Toilet Brush, it has the advantage of if it does go in to far :shock: you get a right good clean in the process !
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    £7.40 for a tube of pile cream if you pay for your prescriptions. Now that is a pai in the @rse.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    Just take your saddle off and smear it over the seatpost ..... I suggest one of these.........

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brompton-tel ... prod25160/
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    edited June 2011
    double post
  • davelakers
    davelakers Posts: 762
    My mate from Barnsley went to the Chemist with piles and asked the chemist "Nah then lad, does tha sell arse cream?" Chemist "Aye, magnum or cornetto?"
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    I,m sure if you frequent the right Bar,s or Nightclubs you will have no shortage of willing helper,s :wink:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    pauldavid wrote:
    Just visited my doctors surgery with a slight back problem. :cry:

Informed on arrival that I was to see the a newly appointed member of staff. I normally like to see the same doctor on every visit as if possible just because I like his manner but thought what the hell it doesn't matter. :roll:

Went into the surgery to find young white chap who spoke at great length about my complaint giving me lots of confidence in his diagnosis before prescribing some medication. :D

Straight to chemist with prescription and in exchange I am given a large tube of Piles treatment. :shock:

I can only assume that the Piles I didn't know I had are connected to my spine internally about halfway up my back, can someone please help with the following.

Can the ointment be applied to externally onto the skin where the pain is or will the wife have to get elbow deep to apply internally and if so should she remove her watch and engagement/wedding rings first??

All help greatfully received

Ahh, the Doctor was white. There's your problem.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."