Skiddaw & Ullock Pike

Matt_
Matt_ Posts: 82
edited June 2011 in Routes
Went up Skiddaw for the 1st time last night, never really done a properly big mountain before. I've done Nan Bield Pass & Walna but they aren't really in the same league in terms of height. A lot of pushing on the first section but you can ride most of it after that.

Me at the top
SKIDDAW1.JPG
Then rode from the summit across and down to Ullock Pike which is the ridge line you can see here
SKIDDAW7.JPG

The descent to Ullock PIke down and across the scree is ridiculous! These photo's aren't mine, I was too busy trying not to die to be able to take photos at this point
Looking_up_Carl_Side.jpg
SKIDDAWSUMMITDESCENT.jpg
You can just see the track cutting through the scree on this photo
DSC_0558.JPG

I had to walk down the very top steepest section, didn't seem worth the risk, after that you can ride the rest of it. One of the lads I was with rode it all, slightly mental.

So then we went down Ullock Pike. This is really good fun, pretty steep and technical in places and there are 2 or 3 parts that you have to climb down but over all its worth it.
looking_down_Ullock_Pike.jpg
271640_.jpg
266679_.jpg
257255_.jpg

Obviously a little bit naughty going on the footpath descent but we weren't doing anyone any harm going up there on a weekday evening.

Has anyone else been down this descent?
Current Bikes:
2010 Trek Fuel EX8
2009 Specialized Allez Sport
2006 Scott Reflex 20

Lakes Mountain Bike Routes

Comments

• busta gonad
    busta gonad Posts: 162
    Go girl! can't believe you minced the first bit though :wink:

Great trail, one of the best in the UK.
  • Matt_
    Matt_ Posts: 82
    Ha ha I'm the bloke in the first picture! The lass is someone that rides with us.

I perhaps could of ridden a touch more of the first part if my easiest gear wasn't slipping but I still wouldn't of been able to ride it all.
    Current Bikes:
    2010 Trek Fuel EX8
    2009 Specialized Allez Sport
    2006 Scott Reflex 20

Lakes Mountain Bike Routes