Sunday

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited June 2011 in Road beginners
... is forecast to be the hottest day of the year. Should be fun for riding. I'm doing the Worcester Bike Ride (BHF) so I can at least leave my w/proof at home. :)
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• chappers74
    chappers74 Posts: 15
    I'm doing the London Bikeathon on Sunday - a very sweaty 30c is forecast for London!! :oops:
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I've got a 50 mile time trial on sunday, and my club mate is doing the national 24hr time trial this weekend, so bring on the decent weather!
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    Good times, i might make it an extra long club ride on the morning to make the most of it. I can imagine the good weather won't last long. :lol:
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • Forcast 24-27 degrees by the seaside....

I'm working :cry:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Forcast rain in Scotland.

I'm moving :(
  • Dunkeldog
    Dunkeldog Posts: 138
    I'm going to combine a couple of loops for an 80 mile spin. Nothing like taking in the scenery on a warm day. The Garmin can go to hell on Sunday!
  • Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    suzyb wrote:
    Forcast rain in Scotland.

I'm moving :(

+1
  • ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    Was unsure about my club ride as was expecting rain - now can't wait. :D
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    Forecast is for 28 degrees + in Yorkshire, but the heat might bring some heavy showers too...

...typical. I'm taking the kids camping!
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    shut it, you git!! ;-)

we haven't had a day without at least a drop of rain here in the NW since April/May, I think.

And don't get me started on the wind....

I am expecting more of the usual wind & rain on Sunday.

Bah!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Light cloud and 24C forcast here (Berkshire) for Saturday, 26C forcast for Sunday, 28C for Monday.
    I think some decent miles will be on the cards tomorrow, followed by a leisurely couple of hours on Sunday to work on the tan lines :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    Secteur wrote:
    we haven't had a day without at least a drop of rain here in the NW since April/May, I think.

May which year? You are on the wrong side of the pennines, after all ;)
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    Have got a nice day for the Force Century Cycle Challenge from Topsham up to Exmoor and back. Looks like we'll have lots of sun but a 20mph wind in our faces for the last 30 miles. I'd better remember to save some energy for that. There's also the Dartmoor Classic that day, so there will be 3,500 riders on the roads of Devon.
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    I'm doing the 77 mile option of the wiggle/kilo to go flat out in the fens....27deg don't think I'm gonna be needing my new wind proof shower jacket I bought expecting the usual rain!
    Now where can I fit the 3rd & 4th bottle! :D
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Hopefully another 60 or 70 miles before a roast dinner, the European GP and a bottle of Barolo.

Monday is supposed to be glorious here but will only have the morning to myself. :(
  • vs4b
    vs4b Posts: 257
    112 on the fens for me at the flat out ride.

It still wont be as hot as last years ride though, i think it was 32 for that one.
  • Peddle Up!
    A good morning's cycle (Worcester BHF). Almost cold to begin with, but warmed up nicely. Anyone else here do it? The only dodgy bit IMHO was a short downhill flanked by trees which gave a lovely mottled shadow on the potholed road. However, it was impossible to tell which were shadows, and which were potholes! :shock:
  • i did my first 20miler today, but put on half a stone due the large number of small black flies i consumed :(
    To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid......

95kg to 87kg and dropping......

Gary Fisher - Tassajara
    Trek - 2.3
  • Peddle Up!
    i did my first 20miler today, but put on half a stone due the large number of small black flies i consumed :(

I was pretty flyblown too. Lots of the little critters out today. :)
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Yes, swarms of the sods out just hanging about on the breeze. Still, a glorious morning up here.

68 solo miles in just under 4 hours. Fairly happy with that after Hirali Turka and a Dupiaza, no breakie and electrolytes only.

Surprised not to see more out to be honest although perhaps some may have been doing the BUPA 10k run.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    Had a cracking day on Exmoor - detailed here. Oh, the joys of a warm calmish day. The visibility was quite unbelievable - I can't remember ever having seen the air so clear and the distant views so stunningly vivid. Wonderful.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Unfortunately I overtrained on Friday at the gym, which has left my muscles completely dead. Had to cancel my ride planned for today, but will hopefully be back out in the next few days.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Hauled my ass out of bed at 7 to force myself out for the first time since I fractured my elbow December. Eight miles later back at home, couldn't be arsed :(
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Lucky for you guys, the weather's been shite in the west of Scotland...
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Hauled my ass out of bed at 7 to force myself out for the first time since I fractured my elbow December. Eight miles later back at home, couldn't be arsed :(

That's a bummer to hear dude. Hope you get your motivation back again.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Well contrary to my earlier post, I went out for a short spin earlier (coaching my stupid sore knee), and got sunburnt!

Now I have razor sharp sun-burn lines, and a very red nose (but white forehead from the helmet!!)!

IMG-20110626-00219.jpg
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399

It will come back in time,i still get that sort of thing now and again.
    Today i got up about the same time and planned on 50+ with sunshine and only a light breeze to look forward to,11 miles later i'm back at home drained and hungry,i'm hoping it's just down to food.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    It will come back in time,i still get that sort of thing now and again.
    Today i got up about the same time and planned on 50+ with sunshine and only a light breeze to look forward to,11 miles later i'm back at home drained and hungry,i'm hoping it's just down to food.

That's a bummer to hear dude. Hope you get your motivation back again.

I hope so - failing that a few classifieds will be placed.

Have booked tomorrow off work as it's my birthday, may try to get out for an hour and see how it goes...
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    Absolutely glorious day and very hot, managed 70 miles over the Yorkshire Wolds. The heat had totally zapped me of energy by the time I got home but enjoyable anyway.

Summer for a day, at least !

1967 Engine
  • richard205
    richard205 Posts: 51
    out this morning at 5.30am....lots of cloud cover so it was nice and cool. Didnt quite realise i was riding with the wind behind me until the last 8 miles which meant i was down from my normal pace. was starting to get warmer though when I got back though

After 6 weeks, pulled something in my ankle so took it easy for a few weeks, have a 6 week old newborn...dont know where some of you people find the time to ride!

Oh and having two pinch flats on the turbo trainer was enough to force me out!
    Its Italian, its carbon.....and some lanky tool rides it.