If you thought the Contador case was taking too long...

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,157
edited June 2011 in Pro race

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    He should stick to racing Bromptons.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    I lose track of these. I presume Mosquera is still in limbo. Meanwhile in Colombia Oscar Sevilla is up to 5th place on GC.
  • RichN95.
    CAS have announced that Maurice Garin's appeal against his 1904 Tour disqualification will be heard in September.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    My thoughts exactly. A ridiculous length of time.
    It does emphasise the necessity to "Dot the eyes & cross the tees" for all these tests.
    Oh, btw, Garin's appeal's being defered, aparently there's some evidence that his oysters were contaminated and his brief wants further tests done.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    It does emphasise the necessity to "Dot the eyes & cross the tees" for all these tests.
    Oh, btw, Garin's appeal's being defered, aparently there's some evidence that his oysters were contaminated and his brief wants further tests done.

Those oysters that urge you to jump on a train? :D
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • RichN95.
    dulldave wrote:
    Those oysters that urge you to jump on a train? :D

He was only thinking about getting on the train
    The train was there for his mother in-law
    It was his twin that got on the train
    He only got on the train because he was drunk the night before
    It wasn't train, it was a meat delivery van

Take your pick
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Testing somebody's briefs after a plate of dodgy oysters?

It's a dirty sport alright.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    RichN95 wrote:
    CAS have announced that Maurice Garin's appeal against his 1904 Tour disqualification will be heard in September.

But did they specify a year?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    the trouble with this is hasn't it been overturned by some local court in Spain. Hence the UCI, WADA or whoever could take him to a higher court or back to CAS again.

Does this court really have to power to say who the real winner is ?

And why is it these drug testing places never seem to know how to handle samples, store samples and test them without knowing who they are testing
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    What needs to happen is that a country which is appears to be thoroughly enjoying the new found joy of hunting down dopers-Italy, say, or the USA- should invade Spain and take over their anti-doping agency.

Or at least wake it up.
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    Tusher wrote:
    What needs to happen is that a country which is appears to be thoroughly enjoying the new found joy of hunting down dopers-Italy, say, or the USA- should invade Spain and take over their anti-doping agency.

Or at least wake it up.

ROFL at USA
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Surely no coincidence at all that the Spanish fed effectively overturn a doping ban for a spanish GC winner just before a Spanish GC winner and race favourite rides a grand tour under a similar cloud. its just playing mind games with CAS.

or for conspiracy theory 2. Another of LA's stonger domestiques suddenly isn't a convicted doper.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    Wow, a real shocker, another Spanish dop.., er I mean cyclist get a ban overturned....

Sorry, but I can't trust any Spanish sportsmen anymore.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Surely no coincidence at all that the Spanish fed effectively overturn a doping ban for a spanish GC winner just before a Spanish GC winner and race favourite rides a grand tour under a similar cloud. its just playing mind games with CAS.

The only problem with your conspiracy theory is that the Spanish Federation had nothing to do with this decision, rather it was a branch of the Spanish judiciary who've done this.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    In fact the Spanish Fed are appealing:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/spanish ... as-verdict
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    andyp wrote:

The only problem with your conspiracy theory is that the Spanish Federation had nothing to do with this decision, rather it was a branch of the Spanish judiciary who've done this.

Mea culpa, skimmed the story :oops:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's a joke because you go back and look at the others racing for the overall and they were lucky enough not to get caught. The whole era was rotten.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Kléber wrote:
    It's a joke because you go back and look at the others racing for the overall and they were lucky enough not to get caught. The whole era was rotten.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/ju ... 011-vendee

Fotheringham gets a similar response from Bernaudeau.
    We need to wipe out 10 years because we have lost our reference points. Some of the results in the last 10 years are simply meaningless. There are riders who make sense to me: [Thor] Hushovd, for example, hasn't come from nowhere. Bradley Wiggins has been fast since he was 18 or 19. You can't wipe out 10 years of the sport, but in my mind I don't use those years as a measure of reference.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    this shows why all these cases should be handeled by CAS and not some local court who can't really rule on the matter properly.

Still have my doubts about Wiggo. Sure he has been around for ages but he's only been a GC contender for a few years and that change was very sudden