Am I missing the point?

2»

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    /sits down with Matt and offers him the already open packet of Hob-Nobs and also watches with interest

Should we save some for Diesel?
    No need, I'll break out the popcorn :D

Starting the weekend off as you mean to go on huh, getting the first slap in early, profit. :lol:

Bog off you two. :wink:

That's all, I'm saving my female energy for more interesting things this weekend. Cooking, cleaning and watching TV does not come into the "Grand Plan"

I do have slightly double standards here though. Frontline duties? Yes, capable? Yes, so let those that wish to go out and do it get on with it. Same for all emergency services, brickies and sparkies.

However, womens pro football? No, dear God you look stupid, stop it. I don't want to see women hugging and kissing on a pitch, leave that to the "men"

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Also, women's events are usually shorter so they can get home and do the washing up before Corrie starts.
    :lol::lol:

I also think it's wrong to have women-only events. Who is going to fix my punctures or put my chain back on otherwise? :wink:

Ands, all joking aside what is your honest opinion? The thread wasn't meant as a sexist dig (although some have tried to make it into one) my point was merely that this is supposed to be a pastime that unites regardless of sex/race/ even occupation. As for having my ar*ed kicked ny a woman it really doesn't bother me. It'd just mean that she's fitter, faster, stronger etc.

OK serious huh? I'm rather indifferent in all honesty, not sure what a good comparison is. Some nightclubs still have ladies get in for free nights and isn't there an online dating site that only charges the men? Is it right? Probably not but then there is plenty of other choice for me, so looking at your complaint if it's one of a few sportives available to do then I'd understand but as there are hundreds of the things for you to do then why worry? The whole cake and eat it scenario is nothing new though, I remember cheekily suggesting to a female friend that the AA I think it was should've been told to pull their ad campaign that promised to prioritise call outs for women travelling alone. Funnily enough the equality rules didn't apply then in her eyes. I would argue though that that is human nature rather than gender specific, anyone with a favourable deal in a given situation is going to want to keep it!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    I don't want to see women hugging and kissing
    I do :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DIESELDOG
    ^^ VLL just reminded me of when I was car insurance hunting, the "ladies only" companies, (that also insure men), offered a USP to policyholders.

Handbag cover.

Is that incase I'm so f**king stupid I leave it on display in the car? FFS give me something useful to tempt me. Y'know, free cattle prod or tazer gun would do.

Love n hugs

DD

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Also, women's events are usually shorter so they can get home and do the washing up before Corrie starts.

I also think it's wrong to have women-only events. Who is going to fix my punctures or put my chain back on otherwise? :wink:

Ands, all joking aside what is your honest opinion? The thread wasn't meant as a sexist dig (although some have tried to make it into one) my point was merely that this is supposed to be a pastime that unites regardless of sex/race/ even occupation. As for having my ar*ed kicked ny a woman it really doesn't bother me. It'd just mean that she's fitter, faster, stronger etc.

OK serious huh? I'm rather indifferent in all honesty, not sure what a good comparison is. Some nightclubs still have ladies get in for free nights and isn't there an online dating site that only charges the men? Is it right? Probably not but then there is plenty of other choice for me, so looking at your complaint if it's one of a few sportives available to do then I'd understand but as there are hundreds of the things for you to do then why worry? The whole cake and eat it scenario is nothing new though, I remember cheekily suggesting to a female friend that the AA I think it was should've been told to pull their ad campaign that promised to prioritise call outs for women travelling alone. Funnily enough the equality rules didn't apply then in her eyes. I would argue though that that is human nature rather than gender specific, anyone with a favourable deal in a given situation is going to want to keep it!

Again, I don't want to enter those events, I ride with a club which is more than challenging enough. I just think on a recreational level its un-necessary.
  • DIESELDOG
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

You would. Itching already MattC? :wink:

Love n hugs

DD

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD
    You can look at the menu when you're on a diet :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Men and women will never be equal due to the fact (stating the obvious) they're different sexes.

Men are better at some things women at others.

Competition wise, in sports where strength/endurance is a major part there should be a demarcation IMHO. Where it is not, why not play on equal terms? As for sportives/fun runs whatever, mixed is the only way, they're not competitions.

BTW I do appreciate there are women that are "stronger" than some men, I'm generalising.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • DIESELDOG
    Men and women will never be equal due to the fact (stating the obvious) they're different sexes.

Men are better at some things women at others.

Competition wise, in sports where strength/endurance is a major part there should be a demarcation IMHO. Where it is not, why not play on equal terms? As for sportives/fun runs whatever, mixed is the only way, they're not competitions.

BTW I do appreciate there are women that are "stronger" than some men, I'm generalising.

But I thought they were races... :twisted:

Love n hugs

DD

• DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD
    They have a range of creams to cure that these days you know.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

If it gets people on their bikes, I can't see the problem. I can understand the intimidation thing - that works both ways - I know men who have done the 'stay-at-home' thing with a baby and been desperate to get out of the house but have not been comfortable going to the playgroups or mums' coffee meetups to talk about breast-feeding all day. I think it's more about introducing women to the sport and giving them confidence than for those women who are already riding and happy to do so o amongst men.