edited June 2011 in Your mountain bikes
5864551398_6d35d62763_b.jpg
Shiny by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

5864551398_6d35d62763_b.jpg
Shiny by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Weightweenie money shot:

5864001385_51a1aaff0d_z.jpg
Hurrah! by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

So here's one of my 2 new bikes 8) Went right off the Mmmbop so decided to give carbon a go. So 150mm of travel, tough but light parts, fat tyres, dropper seatpost... Nice. First proper ride at Glentress last night, feels a bit weirdly long but then the last hardtail I rode was a size small BFe so, it would do!
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• that looks purposeful 8)
    very nice
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It's a fine line between purposeful and fugly I think... It's got some weird lines in the frame. But it's growing on me. Down at 120mm in the fork it feels like an xc race bike on steroids, fast and responsive but still capable. Not quite so convinced up at 150mm, it's just a little bit skittish and unstable, BB feels pretty high and the low weight means it can't plough.

But yeah... Does what I'd hoped it would, so far. And only £400 including the headset for the frame, which isn't quite pocket money but it's pretty ridiculous for what you get.

Oh, lastly, I knocked off the mud and changed pedals to my ti-axled ones and it dropped below 25 8) Not that it feels any different from when it was just over, but it's still nice to know.
    Uncompromising extremist