Ride Silverstone F1 and MotoGP circuit this Saturday

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
From 7pm for an hour, other attractions. Entry free.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... lists.html
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    NervexProf wrote:
    From 7pm for an hour, other attractions. Entry free.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... lists.html
    I'd rather belt around there in my kit car :D
    But it's about £250 for an open pit lane day :(
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Thanks for flagging this up. I popped down for an Ask The Family moment [wife & elder child only] and stuck a few laps in. It was a bit of fun, spoilt only a little by the huge headwinds on two sides of the track.

Best lap time I could manage was a 10:41 in those conditions. Nice to meet up with some of the Bicester CC, and a few others too. High points - one was beating CiB Jr to the line in a Cav style sprint for glory, and the second was lapping him a couple of laps later.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    CiB wrote:
    Thanks for flagging this up. I popped down for an Ask The Family moment [wife & elder child only] and stuck a few laps in. It was a bit of fun, spoilt only a little by the huge headwinds on two sides of the track.

Best lap time I could manage was a 10:41 in those conditions.
    I did the MacRide at Silverstone in 2010 and had similarly windy conditions. I was on my singlespeed bike which was okay on 2 sides of the circuit, but I was overgeared into the wind and undergeared where the wind was behind me.

I was surprised that the circuit wasn't flat and my cadence was varying from spinning out at 150 rpm with the tailwind, to grinding into the wind at 50 rpm on an upward sloping part of the circuit.

I managed 10:40 for the first lap but I had to settle for 12 minute laps after that.

I quite enjoyed the event but I don't think it is being held this year.