race face deus xc

stir88
stir88 Posts: 124
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I have some race face deus xc cranks fitted onto a hope bottom bracket, are these compatable as i read that on another forum they are not due to side loading of the bearings.
Also the cranks have worked loose again for the second time and when i tighten them they still wobble slightly, on close inspection when i tighten the end bolt to the correct torque the crank shaft with the splines on are flush with the chain ring splines, shouldn't the crank arm be slightly recessed so it would tighten properly. How would i correct this problem. Cheers

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you have the correct number of spacers fitted for your BB width?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stir88
    Correct spacers but it has a plastic spacer which pushes out when you tighten it, could this be the problem, i see hope do alloy spacers now but cant find them singlely online. or could the plastic race face spacer be crushed too much?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what size BB? how many spacers. and they should not change shape if they are the correct ones. where did this "plastic" one come from?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stir88
    bb size is 73mm i have one plastic spacer fitted on the drive side it is the original hope spacer but is a few years old. is the crank compatable with the hope bb?