Boardman MTB Comp 2011

ssmith217
ssmith217 Posts: 2
edited June 2011 in MTB general
Hi all,

I'm new to the site and only recently started to get into some proper mountain biking. I've always had a love for it and can't think of anything better these days than getting out on the bikes, to a great trail, ending the day in a country pub with a well earned pint.

Anyway... i've been doing a fair bit of research into a buying a new bike and as im not a pro (or anywhere near) my budget is to about £750, so a fairly entry level bike really compared to the £2..3..4...5000 bikes i've seen!

My question was whether anyone has any information or reviews of the new Boardman MTB Comp 2011 model. http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/ht_comp.html

The reviews for the previous 2010 model are great, but im yet to find a review or even just general hearsay about the new model. Anyone? Apart from the whole redesign of the frame, the forks are differnt and the rear mech is now and X5 instead of the X7 as was on the previous model....

Any information or even recommendations of other bikes in that price range would be most appreicated! I've looked at the rockhopper and hardrock pro disc but just not keen on the design and colours available.

Cheers guys

Steve

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It is still a light and well equipped bike for the money, though take a look at the practically identically specced Carrera Fury too as is cheaper.
  • cook0572
    cook0572 Posts: 6
    I just got one but got it cheaper off ebay, there have been a couple lately.
    I'm new to MTB so not much help for a review!!... however, like you I only heard positive things about previous models so took a chance.
    With my limited knowledge i would say it's fairly light, lower specced than before but still decent kit for the money. Got nothing to compare it against but absolutely love it, only problem is it's a bit addictive getting all the gear and upgrading bits and pieces!!
    Let us know what you think if you go for it.