New to Norwich

gemmajones
gemmajones Posts: 2
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hi, I am fairly new to Norwich and this site! Just wondered if anyone had any good routes for about a 10 to 15 mile ride. I'm building my pace up again after while off the bike!!

Gem

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Hi Gemma,
    Welcome to the forum. Can't help with the routes around Norwich, as I live near Newbury, but I'm sure that there will be plenty of people here who can. Otherwise, have a look at somehting like http://www.mapmyride.com/ where you can plot your own routes.

What I can help with is the reprabates on here. Watch out for Aggieboy and Onemanandhisbike.......... amongst others. (I, however am a Paragon of Virtue) You'll also have to forgive StewieGriffin for liking Spurs. And I'm sure that DieselDog will be pleased that there is another female for moral support (although she does well enough as it is !!!)

Later.............. M
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Hi Gemma, welcome to Norwich!
    Loads of good rides around here for a beginner/returner as it doesn't take long to get out of the city and into the country.
    Head south or east out of the city towards Attleborough or Yarmouth if you want flattish terrain or north or west is better for more rolling rides. A good one is to ride out on the Spixworth road towards Buxton, nice countryside and quiet lanes to get lost in.
    If you want company on a ride then try my club ( VC Norwich) some of the girls go out on a ride on sat mornings, nothing too strenuous or fast.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I concur with Markos, I lived to the east of the city until recently and would ride around the broads areas near Acle, Potter Heigham. I've now moved to the north of the city and live near, err..Buxton funnily enough and again said there are plenty of decent roads to pick from. Just don't be heading out towards the west...they are an odd bunch out that way :wink:
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Tourist Information in the Forum have a map of recommended bike routes around town..
    There are some nice easy routes down to Whitlingham Lane that you can extend to Surlingham.

A loop to the South through Caister St Edmunds/Stoke Holy Cross then take the side roads to the East. This is the quickest way out to country lanes.

A run up to the broads North through Salhouse to Woodbastwick and Ranworth. It's a bit of a straight drag but once there its very pretty.

To the West there is a route through Bowthorpe to Bawburgh but Bowthorpe is one of the rougher parts of town.

To the East , if you can get across the A47 rounderbout at the end of Yarmouth Rd there are lots of lanes around Poswick (pronounced Pozzick). This leads to Reedham ferry and a nice loop back through Loddon and Rockland St Mary, Kirby Beton and Trouse.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Hello Gemma,

Welcome to BR CS, AKA the FREE DATING SITE :wink: I must concur with MattC in that you need to watch out for Aggie, (lovely chap), Onemanandhisbike is a tad weird though.

Can't help with the routes either, Norwich is a strange place where drunken cheffesses sing to large crowds of people who gather to watch men kick balls.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    I thought you'd been unusually quiet :wink:
  • markos1963
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Hello Gemma,

Welcome to BR CS, AKA the FREE DATING SITE :wink: I must concur with MattC in that you need to watch out for Aggie, (lovely chap), Onemanandhisbike is a tad weird though.

Can't help with the routes either, Norwich is a strange place where drunken cheffesses sing to large crowds of people who gather to watch men kick balls.

Love n hugs

DD

Since when has dating ever been free?!!!
  • MattC59
    edited June 2011
    oh dear, Gemma hasn't been back, I hope we've not scared her off :shock:
    Either that or she has a proper job ?
  • whutchootalkinaboutwillis.jpg
    MattC59 wrote:
    Whussat?
    MattC59 wrote:
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    I thought you'd been unusually quiet :wink:
    Just had a lot of stuff going on lately, and LE TDF is just around Le corner so hope to sink some serious time watching that, and upping my daily miles as I have been falling well behind there too.

This your non gay way of saying you missed me? :wink:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    is a 10 - 15 mile ride all you can do with webbed hands and feet.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • DIESELDOG
    This your non gay way of saying you missed me? :wink:

Errrr, probably not.

I haven't missed you either.

Love n hugs

DD

• ^^ in denial

No, not that river in Egypt...
  • DIESELDOG
    ^^ in denial

No, not that river in Egypt...

Don't flatter yourself honey, I'm a tad on the partiular side :wink:

Love n hugs

DD

• ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    NORWICH?

Nickers
    Off
    Ready
    When
    I
    Come
    Home

--
  • DIESELDOG
    That's where I failed then, not wearing any Knickers :lol:

Love n hugs

DD

• MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    That's where I failed then, not wearing any Knickers :lol:

Love n hugs

DD
    Dirty Dirty Dirty !
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    MattC59 wrote:

Of course you've frightened her off, like flies around shite you lot. If GeorgeJones had posted that query you would have told him to f*ck off to Road Beginners or the Training Rides thread. The only informative and truthful post was DIESELDOGS first one. :wink:

Ladies like to be nurtured and paid attention to, which is where you've all fallen at the first and basic hurdle, you all failed to notice that she she likes to refer to herself Gem.

Smallprint

Gem :wink: , welcome to the forum. When you signed up you, like most of us probably ticked the 'Terms and Conditions' without reading them. Naughty! You need to send me a PM with a lycra clad photo of yourself attached. You're a beautician you say........
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Of course you've frightened her off, like flies around shite you lot. If GeorgeJones had posted that query you would have told him to f*ck off to Road Beginners or the Training Rides thread. The only informative and truthful post was DIESELDOGS first one. :wink:

Ladies like to be nurtured and paid attention to, which is where you've all fallen at the first and basic hurdle, you all failed to notice that she she likes to refer to herself Gem.

Smallprint

Gem :wink: , welcome to the forum. When you signed up you, like most of us probably ticked the 'Terms and Conditions' without reading them. Naughty! You need to send me a PM with a lycra clad photo of yourself attached. You're a beautician you say........
    YOu've been a long time coming............. eeerm, so to speak.
    But I notice, you noticed she's a beautician too !

Sorry Gem :wink: this is what you've let yourself in for !!
  • DIESELDOG
    MattC59 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Smallprint

I'm intrigued... to which part do you, kind Sir, refer???

Love n hugs

DD

• Aggieboy
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Smallprint

I'm intrigued... to which part do you, kind Sir, refer???

Love n hugs

DD

As if you didn't know :wink::wink::lol: .................
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Hello Gemma,

Love n hugs

DD
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • DIESELDOG
    Ah yes, that bit. I was ofc betting deadly serious. For a moment there I thought I'd been rumbled.

Love n hugs

DD

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    ChrisSA wrote:
    NORWICH?

Nickers
    Off
    Ready
    When
    I
    Come
    Home

--

Please don't ever mention that again. It was revealed to me once that my dad used to write that on letters to my mum, leading to me thinking of..urgh..no..no!!! Make it stop!
  • Aggieboy
    Right, you lot!!!!! Who's route took her near the North sea without a man to guide her??????

6a433ef9.jpg
  • markos1963
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Right, you lot!!!!! Who's route took her near the North sea without a man to guide her??????

6a433ef9.jpg

I forgot to mention the barriers on Gt Yarmouth pier have been broken for a while now, :D
  • BMX Bear
    BMX Bear Posts: 198
    gemmajones wrote:
    Hi, I am fairly new to Norwich and this site! Just wondered if anyone had any good routes for about a 10 to 15 mile ride. I'm building my pace up again after while off the bike!!

Gem

Gem,

Welcome to Norwich, a fine city! Plenty of great cycling, especially out towards the west and north.

check out http://www.icenivelo.co.uk cater for riders of all abilities from newbies to National level competitors, plenty of female members as well.

[/url]
    www.icenivelo.co.uk - Norfolks most inclusive cycling club
  • markos1963
    BMX Bear wrote:
    gemmajones wrote:

Gem

Gem,

Welcome to Norwich, a fine city! Plenty of great cycling, especially out towards the west and north.

check out http://www.icenivelo.co.uk cater for riders of all abilities from newbies to National level competitors, plenty of female members as well.

[/url]

Leave off she's ours :D

http://www.vcnorwich.co.uk/
  • MattC59
    markos1963 wrote:
    BMX Bear wrote:
    gemmajones wrote:

Gem

Gem,

[/url]

Leave off she's ours :D

http://www.vcnorwich.co.uk/
    I think there are several here who have laid claim first.......... irrespective of location :lol: