London centric - Putney Bridge

georgee
georgee Posts: 537
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
I know a fair few on here use it.

I was speaking with the chair of the transport committee for Wandsworth. Thames Water has now accepted responsibility, but still no cluie as to how to fix the long terms problem.

Temporary repairs have started, with more substantial (though not decent) improvements due before the olympic test race.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    georgee wrote:

I was speaking with the chair of the transport committee for Wandsworth. Thames Water has now accepted responsibility, but still no cluie as to how to fix the long terms problem.

Temporary repairs have started, with more substantial (though not decent) improvements due before the olympic test race.

Haven't used it recently till yesterday. Was carnage!

It's crazy that they can get away with a road like that.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    georgee wrote:

Close the bridge temporarily and let the repairs or new road surface settle? They've closed Albert Bridge for other repairs.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Looks like they have gone a bit further than just filled the wholes in, and resurfaced the entire bus lane.
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    yep, they'd closed two lanes last night when I came home 9:30ish and were pretty busy getting on with the resurfacing.

I am betting zero effort would have been made to sweep up all the gravel at the LRR junction.