Stem Colour

Slack
Slack Posts: 326
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
I cannot make my mind up about what stem colour to have - either black or white!

The bike is a matt black cannondale with white labelling. Wheels and components are silver. Current stem is black. My initial thought is that the replacement should also be black. However, I've been offered a Syntace stem for a good price, but it's white and wondered if this might look odd on a predominantly black bike!

What do you think?
Plymouthsteve for councillor!!

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    What about a nice pink one with a purple bar clamp on the end :shock:

Would give a whole new meaning to going down on the drops :lol:
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Does it really matter?

-Spider-
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    If you go for the pink one, go for the longest size you can get your hands on!! :shock:

Everyone will laugh if you've only got a short pink one :oops: :lol:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Stem colour should match the colour of the head tube, if multi coloured the colour at the top of the head tube. So yes black.
    :oops:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Stem ginger.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Stem ginger.

Nooooooooooo, not that awful stuff again. How can something used to treat nausea make me want to puke? :evil:
  • Slack
    Slack Posts: 326
    Thank you Stewie

:D
    Plymouthsteve for councillor!!
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Shouldn't you be more concerned about the length and rise? Or the clamp diameter?
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Cressers wrote:
    Shouldn't you be more concerned about the length and rise? Or the clamp diameter?

That's NOT innuendo is it?
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Just practical considerations. Oh and what material? Do you trust alu or carbon fibre more?...
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Not sure?

All I know is a friend told me women cyclists prefer shorter, fatter stems over longer thin ones.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Not sure?

All I know is a friend told me women cyclists prefer shorter, fatter stems over longer thin ones.

That's a good point. The fatter the stem is, the stronger it is, and thus offers more riding pleasure and feel.