Senna film - a must see!

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
I went to see the Senna film last night and I was thoroughly engrossed from start to finish. And I'm not often a fan of subtitles in films, but it added something to it this time. I even had a tear in my eye when the inevitable ending appeared.

If you're a motorsport fan it's a must see!

Comments

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Seen it a while back and recommend it
    It shows the golden era of F1, 1000BHP+, no traction control, non of the new idiotic rules and "FIA inspired technical crap" like DRS

The dark weekend part was quite saddening, especially Prof. Sid Watkins' account of attending Senna's crash.

TBH I was never a Senna fan, but after watching Beyond the Speed of Sound I had a new found respect for the man... although I always acknowledged him as one of the finest drivers ever
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    going to watch it soon, i was always a prost fan, and as such saw Senna as the enemy, but i was at a race meeting my self that weekend and was deeply saddend by Roland Ratzenburger the day before, and shockingly when senna crashed i actually remember saying "Good, Hope he's dead" :shock: I was a teenager who obviously had too many sweets and was excitable.
    How i look at it differently now. May try and watch it tonight as i'm certainly not going to race tonight as its raining.
    I watched the documentry "F1 the killer years" a few weeks ago which i can only assume i recoreded xmas time. i was almost in tears watching it, especially some of the shocking footage of the fires etc.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I watched that as well. Some scary stuff. While I enjoy a bit of excitment during a race, I don't want to see anyone actually hurt, so while some of the new regs may be a bit overboard, the safety stuff makes sense.
    They should just stauy out of the tech side.
    Make it simple - give teams x amount of fuel and leave everything else up to them. Size, weight, etc. And let them make the best of it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    cooldad wrote:
    I watched that as well. Some scary stuff. While I enjoy a bit of excitment during a race, I don't want to see anyone actually hurt, .
    at the monaco race, when Rosberg just missed the barrier, my heart sank, but when Perez hit it i thought he'd be a gonner!.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Plan to see it on saturday night, but have to travel 100 miles to see it as local flee pit won't show it.

Senna was king, loved F1 then and love it now, it just gets better and better :D
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    whats it about?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    whats it about?

106 minutes.
  • Fully-sprung
    Fully-sprung Posts: 670
    The school subscribes to the Topgear mag and there was a preview DVD in one of them, so I [cough]borrowed[cough/] it, great looking film, will have to get it when it comes out on DVD.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight