Tour Startlist (under construction)

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,150
edited June 2011 in Pro race
I thought it might be worth having a thread about the Tour selections as and when they are confirmed:

So far I've seen:

Quick Step: Tom Boonen, Sylvain Chavanel, Jerome Pineau, Gerald Ciolek, Gert Steegmans, Niki Terpstra, Dries Devenyns, Addy Engels, Kevin De Weert

Euskaltel: Samuel Sanchez, Egoi Martínez, Gorka Verdugo, Amets Txurruka, Rubén Pérez, Iván Velasco, Alan Pérez, Pablo Urtasun and Gorka Izagirre

RadioShack: Jani Brajkovic, Chris Horner, Andreas Klöden, Levi Leipheimer, Markel Irizar, Dmitriy Muravyev, Sérgio Paulinho, Yaroslav Popovych and Haimar Zubeldia.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    brailsford said on the R5 prog that sky would be announced on thursday.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    RichN95 wrote:
    I thought it might be worth having a thread about the Tour selections as and when they are confirmed:

So far I've seen:

Quick Step: Tom Boonen, Sylvain Chavanel, Jerome Pineau, Gerald Ciolek, Gert Steegmans, Niki Terpstra, Dries Devenyns, Addy Engels, Kevin De Weert

Euskaltel: Samuel Sanchez, Egoi Martínez, Gorka Verdugo, Amets Txurruka, Rubén Pérez, Iván Velasco, Alan Pérez, Pablo Urtasun and Gorka Izagirre

RadioShack: Jani Brajkovic, Chris Horner, Andreas Klöden, Levi Leipheimer, Markel Irizar, Dmitriy Muravyev, Sérgio Paulinho, Yaroslav Popovych and Haimar Zubeldia.

BMC: Cadel Evans, Brent Bookwalter, Markus Burghardt, George Hincapie, Amaël Moinard, Steve Morabito, Manuel Quinziato, Ivan Santaromita, Michael Schär

Rabobank: Robert Gesink , Carlos Barredo, Lars Boom, Juan Manuel Gárate, Bauke Mollema, Grischa Niermann, Luis León Sánchez, Laurens ten Dam, Maarten Tjallingii

Vacansoleil: Romain Feillu , Borut Božic, Thomas De Gendt, Johnny Hoogerland, Sergey Lagutin, Björn Leukemans, Marco Marcato, Wout Poels, Lieuwe Westra

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/Tour/1.809973
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    FJS - is Freire missing out due to nose surgery?

Also - will you also be missing Tankink's post-stage interviews?
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Liquigas pour le Tour de France
    Ivan Basso, Paolo Longo Borghini, Daniel Oss, Fabio Sabatini, Alessandro Vanotti, Maciej Bodnar, Maciej Paterski, Sylvester Szmyd, Kristjan Koren
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • rick_chasey
    Szmyd in the tour eh?

Last time and only time was what, '08 wasn't it?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

Freire missing cos he couldn't be arsed.

TBH, I tend to agree with him.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:

Hero.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Well you were right about no Sagan! Some very strong looking teams there already.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Saxo
    Alberto Contador, Jesús Hernández, Daniel Navarro, Benjamin Noval, Richie Porte, Nicki Sørensen, Chris Anker Sørensen, Matteo Tosatto, Brian Vandborg
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,641
    lucybears wrote:
    Saxo
    Alberto Contador, Jesús Hernández, Daniel Navarro, Benjamin Noval, Richie Porte, Nicki Sørensen, Chris Anker Sørensen, Matteo Tosatto, Brian Vandborg

All or nothing for Bjarne again then?
  • rick_chasey
    lucybears wrote:
    Saxo

All or nothing for Bjarne again then?

No Nick Nuyens?

'Cor.
  • takethehighroad
    I was impressed by Matteo Tosatto in the Giro. He went from Boonen's lead out to Contador's mountain chaperone.

I also like Chris Anker Sorensen very much, although I feel it has a lot to do with his pain face
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I was impressed by Matteo Tosatto in the Giro. He went from Boonen's lead out to Contador's mountain chaperone.

I also like Chris Anker Sorensen very much, although I feel it has a lot to do with his pain face

Are you sure impressed is the right word?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    LangerDan wrote:

Hero.

Legend. How can anyone not love this guy?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • takethehighroad
    Timoid. wrote:

Are you sure impressed is the right word?

Yeah, impressed. I love a good Gregario Transformer
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    RadioShack: Jani Brajkovic.

http://vimeo.com/25445293

Respect.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Sky team out: Wiggins, Thomas, Swift, EBH, Uran, Knees, Gerrens, Flecha, Zandio
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,15264_7001435,00.html
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Sky also racing in the green kit. Good idea, you'll be able to tell the difference from Garvelo and lEoParD.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • FJS
    andyjr wrote:
    So it'll be only Tour of Poland and Eneco as chances left for GB to get more than 6 riders to the Worlds...
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    FJS wrote:
    andyjr wrote:
    So it'll be only Tour of Poland and Eneco as chances left for GB to get more than 6 riders to the Worlds...
    Yawn..... :roll:
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    A strong looking Sky squad. Pleased to see Swift in there
  • FJS
    FJS wrote:
    andyjr wrote:
    Yawn..... :roll:
    :?:
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    The only ones I would question in there are Knees and Gerrans. I would have thought that Brad would have taken a "minder" - the job that Barry has done. If Mick Rogers was fit, he would have gone and I assume Lofkvist is still beaten up by the Giro. Glad to see Swifty get a go - will this mean Pete Kennaugh is riding the Vuelta? Surprised Froome isn't in there too.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Froome was starting to show a bit of climbing form so I'm also surprised he isn't there.
  • So will it be Swifty or EBH being the main sprinter. Or will they share the duties based on individual days?

Didn't Gerrans do well early season in some of the races with slightly hillier finishes?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • rick_chasey
    So will it be Swifty or EBH being the main sprinter. Or will they share the duties based on individual days?

The 2nd.

EBH is quite suited to stages like stage 1.

Swift prefers his sprint pan-flat.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    mroli wrote:
    The only ones I would question in there are Knees and Gerrans. I would have thought that Brad would have taken a "minder" - the job that Barry has done. If Mick Rogers was fit, he would have gone and I assume Lofkvist is still beaten up by the Giro. Glad to see Swifty get a go - will this mean Pete Kennaugh is riding the Vuelta? Surprised Froome isn't in there too.

Presumably that's the job Knees is in the team to do. He was quite strong on the flat bits in the Dauphiné, always towards the front with Wiggo close by.

I would have gone for Hayman instead of Gerrans, but what do I know.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    FJS wrote:
    Vacansoleil: Romain Feillu , Borut Božic, Thomas De Gendt, Johnny Hoogerland, Sergey Lagutin, Björn Leukemans, Marco Marcato, Wout Poels, Lieuwe Westra

Rob Ruijgh in, in place of Sergey Lagutin
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'