Tour Feature - Radio5 - 20:00

TheStone
TheStone Posts: 2,291
edited June 2011 in Pro race
Some time after 20:00 tonight they're doing a feature on the toughness of the tour, plus interview with Brailsford at around 21:00.

Probably available on 'listen again' later, maybe even podcast.
exercise.png

Comments

• Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    Wow.

I mean, it's pretty basic stuff but Big Maggie, Boardman, Ned... on national live radio discussing cycling?

Has the sky fallen in?
  • seven7faces
    seven7faces Posts: 360
    pity about matt dawson though
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    pity about matt dawson though

Considering the excellent quality of the guests they've assembled you'd think they'd have gone the final yard and got a presenter that knows at least a little bit about the sport....
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    yeah the presenters a scroat. Nice interview with vin denson.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Quite impressed with that. 90mins on cycling, good guests, covered most of the big issues.
    exercise.png
  • starockets
    starockets Posts: 67
    I've just listened to the whole programme waiting for them to go in-depth into the tour of pain and all I heard was Matt Dawson talking complete guff. Did big Maggy get fed up and call it quits out of boredom. Surely if you're going to present a programme you would have some research done. Should have let Ned Boulting take over.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    It still represents some progress tho, 5live has been my 'background' station for many years now and this is the first time they've even bothered with a program of this nature so it was never going to satisfy us purists straight off.
  • starockets
    starockets Posts: 67
    I do agree totally with you on progress side of things, I just find it a real shame that Matt Dawson didn't really understand anything that was being said and subsequently made a real mess of the whole thing.
    I just think the BBC missed a good opportunity to put across the intensity, commitment and passion that goes on for three weeks in July.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Surprised they didn't use Simon Brotherton - he does the limited cycling coverage they have and it would make sense to use someone with some knowledge.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Simon was on there as the in-house expert. Matt Dawson was fronting it as he was presenting the whole 5 Live Sport segment from 7 to 10pm. I've left the BBC now but I gather they're still doing commentary from the Tour online and on Sports Extra.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --