Summer ,what summer ??

bearfraser
bearfraser Posts: 435
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
P!&&ing down again ,where;s the summer gone ,its the longest day so getting darker every day ,soon have snow on the ground ?? (at least its not windy)

Never mind the TdF is os on soon. :D

Comments

• Yep, then even if it's stunning outside you end up sat inside watching the stages live, or is it just me that does that? :o
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    It always rains round wimbledon time...why cant they move it to december.

Suns just broken through here....but the wind is getting up
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Try living around / near Wales borders (great scenery, shame about the weather) , last few days been 14-15 c and heavy showesr. April was warmer and apart from SE UK little sign of any improvements forecast longer term
    Even lighting our woodburner each evening :(
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    How many more threads are we going to have about the weather? It's getting like the WI on here.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Well Summer only begins today so get the sun cream on and be ready,btw Aggie did you try that apricot and fennel jam recipe i sent you?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Well Summer only begins today so get the sun cream on and be ready,btw Aggie did you try that apricot and fennel jam recipe i sent you?

It was OK thanks. I think I over did the fennel though :roll: Moving on to 'Fig' next, as I like it with a little bit of Camembert or Brie and a baguette.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    How many more threads are we going to have about jam? It's getting like the WI on here. :wink:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Jerusalem is hot.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Weather in the South East is expected to be the mid 20s with and isolated chance of a shower this weekend. :D
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Weather in the South East is expected to be the mid 20s with and isolated chance of a shower this weekend. :D
    It f*cking better be, I want to get some enjoyable miles in !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Summer? I picked the first edible wild mushroom of the season on June the 20th...
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Cressers wrote:
    Summer? I picked the first edible wild mushroom of the season on June the 20th...

June the 20th??!?! I had mushrooms from the start of the year.

Oh wait... think we might be talking about different things here.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Didn't we just have the dryest warmest May since records began or something like that ? I'm not above moaning about the weather myself but it's not been too bad round here at least.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    MattC59 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

and better still Monday will be high 20 to low 30s and I'm off work!!!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

and better still Monday will be high 20 to low 30s and I'm off work!!!
    The forcast says that Saturday will be sh*t, Sunday will be nice and Monday, eeerm....... the 5day forcast doens't reach that far :D But if it's nice, i'll be taking a day off work :D

I don't know why everyone is suprised though, we live in the UK, and it's Wimbledon week.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Aggieboy wrote:
    How many more threads are we going to have about the weather? It's getting like the WI on here.

Here`s a thought,a BIkeradar calendar with `members` draped behind exotic bike bits-bags the big nose saddle as I thought of it first.Aggie could take the pictures.In the dungeon.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    We had similar weather patterns here in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 - I think I'm beginning to spot a trend! :cry:
  • Cressers
    The rain may be the least of your worries...

http://globalcoolingnewiceageuk.blogspot.com/
  • MattJPaul
    MattJPaul Posts: 95
    The constant rain is dulling the pain of not being able to afford a bike, so I for one am fine with it. In fact, I encourage some unprecedented summer snow.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Cressers wrote:
    The rain may be the least of your worries...

http://globalcoolingnewiceageuk.blogspot.com/

Cheerful bugger isn't he?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Cressers
    I'm not known as the cheerful doomster for nothing...
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    Tis' only June, would July and August with record high temps not suffice? :)
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    26deg and sunny skies forecast for Sunday.
  • Cressers
    We'll get short periods of warm wether but my weather hackles tell me that overall the summer will be cool and damp.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Went out for a short spin this morning........with a long sleeved base layer on!!!!!...June? more like bloody february :x
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    After bailing out on post work beer drinking and talking bollox all evening last time I'm currently missing the lovely evening we have today. Not exactly a waste though. Hhmm beer :D
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Summer will resume for a period of approximately 24 hours this sunday.

Further outbreaks of summeriness will be advised as and when information becomes available.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Yesterday afternoon in Dundee. (bit long, try around 3:00) There were still a lot of "haildrifts" in the woods by us this morning.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Do people forget we live on a slab of rock about 10 feet high in the middle of the Atlantic?

Sometimes it rains, sometimes it's sunny.

As Peter Kay once said "Have a Solero and shut the fuck up"
  • So here i am at work, term used very loosely :lol: Wondering wether i should go on the mongoose round cannock chase today or get the canoe out cos it's pi**ing down again. :evil: :evil: :evil: