How wobbly should a m772 xt mech be

sparkyork
sparkyork Posts: 31
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all

I've got a m772 xt rear mech and part of the mech that attaches to the hanger via a torx type bracket is a little wobbly as well as the cage that also wobbles slightly from side to side, is this anything I should worry about, it shifts perfect but was just wondering if the all start firm but become loose after a while!

Main reason i want to know is because I'm gonna sell it and get a long cage one as it's only medium cage

Comments

• sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    the cage's also move a little from side to side from new, but more in a feeling under tension way rather than a loose rattley way, if that makes sense.

the arm that connects to the hanger and then to the mech it's self via to torx bolt shouldn't have any play in it when new. but they do wear and get loose over time. as far as i know there's no way of fixing this. my advice is if it works ok, why change it? can't see the point of going from a medium to long cage unless you are going from double chain rings to triple?
  • sparkyork
    sparkyork Posts: 31
    Cheers mate that's reassuring the mech runs smooth so must be fine, I tried double chainring but miss my big ring as I do a bit of town riding so going back to a triple

Didn't want to sell it if there were gonna be people saying it's wobbly lol