Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Fragile Carbon Fibre Frames

mattsawmattsaw Posts: 907
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
I can't believe just how fragile carbon fibre frames are, after seeing this video I'm going to keep mine inside on the wall from now on. :shock:

http://www.velo.fm/blog/fragile-carbon-fibre-frames
Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
Strava

Posts

  • AggieboyAggieboy Posts: 3,996
    You'll notice they didn't do that while the frame was wet though!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • And I bet the room was at a controlled 17 degrees centigrade! :lol:
  • JamieRaJamieRa Posts: 82
    hmmm... what a stupid test, im sure any frame would dent or break when some wally hits it off a block of concrete...
  • AggieboyAggieboy Posts: 3,996
    JamieRa wrote:
    hmmm... what a stupid test, im sure any frame would dent or break when some wally hits it off a block of concrete...

    Did you notice something just fly over your head?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • ClankClank Posts: 2,323
    And the point of that was what, exactly?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • AggieboyAggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?

    You haven't noticed that some people on here need convincing?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • mattsawmattsaw Posts: 907
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?

    Why do you even need a point to smash something? Smashing things is cool, fun and clever, didn't you get the memo?
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Aggieboy wrote:
    JamieRa wrote:
    hmmm... what a stupid test, im sure any frame would dent or break when some wally hits it off a block of concrete...

    Did you notice something just fly over your head?
    Cruising at 35,000ft...........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ClankClank Posts: 2,323
    Mattsaw wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?

    Why do you even need a point to smash something? Smashing things is cool, fun and clever, didn't you get the memo?

    Ahh, if that was the point, I'm all in favour!

    I was fearing it was some kinda psuedo-science BS. But breaking stuff and blowing s**t up, I can live with that. 8)
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?
    Well, if yo uwant a sensible answer......... oh what's the point..... :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ClankClank Posts: 2,323
    MattC59 wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?
    Well, if yo uwant a sensible answer......... oh what's the point..... :roll:

    See above answer :wink:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Clank wrote:
    Mattsaw wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?

    Why do you even need a point to smash something? Smashing things is cool, fun and clever, didn't you get the memo?

    Ahh, if that was the point, I'm all in favour!

    I was fearing it was some kinda psuedo-science BS. But breaking stuff and blowing s**t up, I can live with that. 8)
    or perhaps, to show people that if a carbon frame can withstand that, it can with stand a few knocks.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • mattsawmattsaw Posts: 907
    MattC59 wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    Mattsaw wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    And the point of that was what, exactly?

    Why do you even need a point to smash something? Smashing things is cool, fun and clever, didn't you get the memo?

    Ahh, if that was the point, I'm all in favour!

    I was fearing it was some kinda psuedo-science BS. But breaking stuff and blowing s**t up, I can live with that. 8)
    or perhaps, to show people that if a carbon frame can withstand that, it can with stand a few knocks.

    I'm sorry, but that's far too sensible a suggestion :lol:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • _Brun__Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Will it blend?
  • mattsawmattsaw Posts: 907
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Will it blend?

    I got excited when I saw the title of this link,

    http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/06/15/jus ... -it-blend/

    Less so when I watched it. Damn false advertising :roll:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • RonBRonB Posts: 3,984
    MattC59 wrote:
    or perhaps, to show people that if a carbon frame can withstand that, it can with stand a few knocks.

    I still wouldn't risk it outside in that wet rain stuff though :wink:
  • TeachTeach Posts: 386
    RonB wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    or perhaps, to show people that if a carbon frame can withstand that, it can with stand a few knocks.

    I still wouldn't risk it outside in that wet rain stuff though :wink:

    That's certainly your biggest worry, because in this country at the moment you don't have to worry about the sun melting it! :(
Sign In or Register to comment.