Midsummer Munro

kelsen
kelsen Posts: 2,003
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Did this on Sunday...

http://www.trionium.com/mm/route.html

It's the first run I've taken part in where half the pack ended up walking within the first 100 yards as the start line was halfway up a hill! My best half marathon time is 1h 39m but this took me 2h 49m! Realistically I probably could've shaved 20-30mins off but I ran the whole course with a mate. I reckon cycling really helped with the uphills as I always felt I had something in reserve, but my mate who doesn't cycle (regularly) really suffered on the climbs. The fastest finisher for the half came in around 1h 40m. The fastest finisher for the full marathon (yes, they had that as well!) was just under 4hrs!

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    :shock:
    Looks evil. I'd be slightly tempted by this by after a few more half marathons. Only done one so far, in 1.44
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    kelsen wrote:
    Did this on Sunday...

http://www.trionium.com/mm/route.html

It's the first run I've taken part in where half the pack ended up walking within the first 100 yards as the start line was halfway up a hill! My best half marathon time is 1h 39m but this took me 2h 49m! Realistically I probably could've shaved 20-30mins off but I ran the whole course with a mate. I reckon cycling really helped with the uphills as I always felt I had something in reserve, but my mate who doesn't cycle (regularly) really suffered on the climbs. The fastest finisher for the half came in around 1h 40m. The fastest finisher for the full marathon (yes, they had that as well!) was just under 4hrs!

Hardcore. I've done the MM before (and the Leith Hill Half) and can I just say that I'm in no way tempted to do the Picnic Marathon, which is double the same course!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    wouldn't mind the going up so much but going down must really hurt
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,777
    I've walked up both Box Hill and Leith Hill, both starting at Dorking station. Walking is a pretty good workout, so trying to run up them is very impressive.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition