look clothing - baffled!

kerz
kerz Posts: 37
edited June 2011 in Road buying advice
i`ve had my look bike for 3 years now (awesome bike ) and occasionally go onto the official look website. it`s full of the latest kit - most of which i can`t afford !
my point is , i want to buy some of the ultra lovely clothing so i can look ! the part but to my total disbelief i am told by fisher ( uk look importer ) that they don`t supply it to any uk shops........err , now i don`t quite understand......i thought look was a hugely popular bike in the uk .....Chris Boardman broke the hour record on one for christs sake.
and another thing , why have their website in english if you can`t buy the stuff in the uk- the clothing that is.
and to make matters worse i`ve just seen the sram frog of flanders jersey and bibs.....absolutely gorgeous kit BUT GUESS WHAT ...... i can`t seem to find a uk stockist for that either.....i`m going to cry as i`m riding 125 miles from bury st edmunds to sandringham following the tour of britain route next month. and could do with some new kit . TO FISHER AND LOOK...GET IT SORTED, YOU`RE LOSING BUSINESS .

Comments

• FitzM
    FitzM Posts: 232
    Google is your friend.

Chain Reaction have some long sleeve Look jerseys and you can also import from numerous continental shops. When I've imported stuff it's usually arrived in 2-3 days
    Klein Quantum, Cervelo Soloist Team, Boardman SLR 9.0S, Boardman SLS 9.8, Kinesis Racelight 4S, DengFu FM028
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Chris Boardman did the hour on a Dolan badged up as a Look...
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Epic cycles have some Look clothing, the tops are very pro fit though (I'm glad I tried the XL on in the changing room rather than the shop floor as it wasn't pretty :p )
  • Mystique
    Mystique Posts: 342
    Cyclezone in Crowthorne, Berks have Look clothing in stock (or at least they did on Saturday when I was there...)
  • kerz
    kerz Posts: 37
    thanks for your comments.
    didn`t know that about boardmans bike being a dolan......does this mean his range of bikes in Halfords are another brand in disguise ?!

i`ve trawled quite a few continental shops for look clothing as well as french e bay and there is some stuff about but not the full range like you`d expect.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I don't think LOOK bikes are hugely popular over here, and I really had to think hard to work out which bike you were talking about - the athletes hour yes ?

A lot of riders used to ride rebadged frames - especially when frames were steel. They would prefer a frame from their trusted builder and the paint job covered it well.

Its a bit harder to do this now with funny shaped carbon bikes - but that blue frame wasnt a Merckx one either.....
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    kerz wrote:
    thanks for your comments.
    didn`t know that about boardmans bike being a dolan......does this mean his range of bikes in Halfords are another brand in disguise ?!

i`ve trawled quite a few continental shops for look clothing as well as french e bay and there is some stuff about but not the full range like you`d expect.

Terry Dolan was able to build a track bike to Boardmans exact spec for the hour record but since he was riding for a Look sponsored team it (Credit Agricole)it was rebadged, used to be relativley common with non carbon bikes. I believe Dolan built a titanium frame for him that was rebadged as a LeMond The Boardman bike range is his own design and the company is run by him and Alan Ingarfield. He talks about it in the current ProCycling...
  • blade8
    blade8 Posts: 43
    try emailing the company them selves, i have with basso
    kit on its way :wink: