Tyre wall cracking

j4mesj4mes
j4mesj4mes Posts: 138
edited June 2011 in MTB beginners
Hello,

It looks like over the winter months my tyres became slightly deflated when left standing and now there seems to be a crack right round the tyre wall on both sides.

Is this likely to cause problems or will it be fine as its not gone all the way through?

Thank you

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hard to tell without seeing it in person, really, so it's down to your judgement. Does it look like it might cause problems? If so, replace it, if not, keep riding, but keep an eye on it.
  • Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    As above mine has a crack in the tyre wall but I'm keeping an eye on, but I'm going to be replacing my tyres soon anyhow.

David
  • Stiff_Orange
    Stiff_Orange Posts: 218
    j4mesj4mes wrote:
    Hello,

It looks like over the winter months my tyres became slightly deflated when left standing and now there seems to be a crack right round the tyre wall on both sides.

Is this likely to cause problems or will it be fine as its not gone all the way through?

Thank you

There's a simple way to stop this happening......Use the bike during winter, riding in the snow is great fun
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    j4mesj4mes wrote:
    Hello,

Thank you

There's a simple way to stop this happening......Use the bike during winter, riding in the snow is great fun
    amen