Out on the 29ers.

Ska!
Ska! Posts: 39
edited June 2011 in MTB general
We had tons of fun feeding mosquitoes while out on the 29ers. Good early morning ride - no work :-)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Love it, great bit of video. :)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Nicely done, I particularly like the bit on the car beforehand!

Whereabouts is it?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Nice video
    What brand of cam did you use..
    As for the crash off the boards right at the end.. good to see I'm not the only person who's done that :)
  • Anonymous
    Nice little video that, very watchable, good stuff.
    Do we even have mosquitoes in this country though, or is that a slight exxageration of "midges"? :lol:
  • Ska!
    ..............Do we even have mosquitoes in this country though, or is that a slight exxageration of "midges"? :lol:

hahaha :D I should mention that I'm in Canada. Most people in most countries who see things flying around that big call them birds LOL j/k about that But yes......the mosquitoes can be that bad here at times.

We were getting swarmed/bitten every time we stopped to set up a shot. It was bad. :shock: Welcome to Canada!

Thanks for the kind words all! We had fun. Glad you liked it.

As far as the camera goes, I use a Go Pro HD camera. Far better than the SD Go Pro I had before.....

Cheers.
  • Anonymous
    Ah, Canada, I see!

Do you have "Avon" there? Apparently, Avon's "skin so soft" moisturiser is meant to be veery effective at keeping midges away, it might work for mozzies too!
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Ah, Canada, I see!

Do you have "Avon" there? Apparently, Avon's "skin so soft" moisturiser is meant to be veery effective at keeping midges away, it might work for mozzies too!
    the woodland scent :wink:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Very nice video, top work
    Do we even have mosquitoes in this country though, or is that a slight exxageration of "midges"? :lol:

I guess this is offtopic now but yes we do. Most of them don't carry malaria though at least
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Northwind wrote:
    Very nice video, top work

I guess this is offtopic now but yes we do. Most of them don't carry malaria though at least
    Is that so? I wasn't sure, which is why I asked. Are they only found in some parts of the UK? I've never come across any.
    I might just be lucky though, I've never even seen a single midge in Scotland :lol:
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Nice video. Nice bit of singletrack, music to add to the video, rather than not suit it and a new edit too. 'Stylish' like fall off the boardwalk too :lol: Was that planned? :)
  • Ska!
    Nice video. Nice bit of singletrack, music to add to the video, rather than not suit it and a new edit too. 'Stylish' like fall off the boardwalk too :lol: Was that planned? :)

Planned? Not at all. It was my first ever camera zip-line attempt and that was James worrying about "staying in the shot" as opposed to watching what he was doing. LOL In the end, I was quite glad he succeeded in "staying in the shot" :-) Thanks for the kind words!