FifteenG / e thirteen crank & BB help

dc71
dc71 Posts: 170
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone have any experience of these XC/AM cranks/BBs? I've found after a couple of months (around 150km) of use, the BB/crank does not spin freely even with the chain off. It's been the same since new, I had thought it was just that the new bearings were very packed with grease but they should have bedded in by now.

If I spin the crank fast and let go, it'l stop after only about half a revolution, which is way less than my raceface and shimano cranks on other bikes. Even just turning the crank with my finger it feels more resistant. I checked also with the crank out, just turning the BB bearings and both feel resistant. It doesn't seem to be contamination as the original grease seems to be present and clean (looks like white lithium grease).

2nd issue is I found the wavy washer broken when I removed the crank. Not sure if this is because it was too compressed (meaning I need to use 1 less spacer). Spares for this may be tough to find in Singapore so does anyone know if any other popular BB brand's use similar wavy washers?