Back ache and rebound

will8
will8 Posts: 82
edited June 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi all,

I have a few problems of late, The last couple of rides i did where at GT black and Cannock Chase, and after about 2 hrs i have been getting lower back ache to the point that I have not been enjoying my riding.

I have read that i should be changing rebound setting on different trails which i dont, so i tried to change the setting to sort my back ache, and guess what. I couldnt change the rebound, the red switch is stuck, i guess since i have never really played about with it, it has seized up.

i have tried giving a good clean but with no luck, I dont want to start taking it apart, as i will knacker it even more.

Any ideas as i am going back up to GT on Monday and I would like to do the red and blue without getting back ache.

Thanks

edit, sorry this is the DRCV Rear stock on my trek fuel 8

Comments

• omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    I wouldn’t think it is your rebound causing back pain, are your forks packing down?
    I would try adjusting seat height and length to change your reach and then work on technique so your body is absorbing the hits .
    It could also be when you are climbing that you are loading the muscles in your back.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Back ache is most likely due to riding position.
    Could just be your muscles need a bit of toning up.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • will8
    will8 Posts: 82
    Thanks guys,

God knows where i thought i read its about the rebound, when i get to GT on tuesday i will change my riding position and play about with the seat height, hopefully i will sort the back ache.

I have just started doing deadlifts so that will tone my back muscles up.

Any idea how i can get the rebound knob free again. ??