Who was the commuter who was training for RAAM?

2»

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JZed wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    :lol: No chance! I'm fascinated by the preparation goes into this sort of thing as much as the event itself, but there's no way i could do that amount of training.

Looking at your SC Stats, your not far off what would be needed I imagine!

Team SCR forming.. :wink:

Team of 4, 3000 miles, 8 days, 94 miles each a day. Sounds doable....

Now how do I erase this thread from my memory and hide it permanently.

Team of 4? Cast of thousands, more like!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Oh, its a relay style team, scrap that, sounds a bit easy(?!)

Was thinking it was a all riders out as team taking turns on the front.. only problem is team SCR would constantly be attacking itself... :lol:
  • samtw
    samtw Posts: 13
    iPete wrote:

Was thinking it was a all riders out as team taking turns on the front.. only problem is team SCR would constantly be attacking itself... :lol:

No problem if you all want that, just enter it solo and take each other on. This year, I think the leading solo guys were averaging nearly 20mph for the first 48 hours!
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    samtw wrote:
    iPete wrote:

No problem if you all want that, just enter it solo and take each other on. This year, I think the leading solo guys were averaging nearly 20mph for the first 48 hours!

Also nothing to stop a team having all four riders out at once.
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    cjcp wrote:
    :lol: No chance! I'm fascinated by the preparation goes into this sort of thing as much as the event itself, but there's no way i could do that amount of training.

Indeed. What with that amount of training, plus a job, I imagine mrc1's family had forgotten what he looked like.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    rjsterry wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Indeed. What with that amount of training, plus a job, I imagine mrc1's family had forgotten what he looked like.

Turbo trainer in the kitchen = sorted 8)
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,346
    Fancy doing RAAM as an unsupported solo rider??

Beyond bonkers

http://dsc.discovery.com/adventure/endu ... orted.html
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JZed wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Looking at your SC Stats, your not far off what would be needed I imagine!

Team SCR forming.. :wink:

Team of 4, 3000 miles, 8 days, 94 miles each a day. Sounds doable....

Now how do I erase this thread from my memory and hide it permanently.

er i'm in, 2 more ...?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.