Dave Lloyd Megachallenge

napper
napper Posts: 31
Last couple of summers, all the sportive talk was of the DLMC - maybe I've been asleep so far this year, but I can't find much info. on it.
Some searching says it's on 26/06/11, but links to websites running the event don't work.
Also I can't find any info. to say it's not on this year.
Just interested really, as this was one of the toughies I'd planned to be doing sometime.

If anyone can enlighten me, I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Try this link

http://www.cyclosport.org/event/26-Jun- ... lenge.html

Its just the mega challange now - not Dave Lloyd. I was planning on doing this but I am away to the Marmotte 2days later. Did the original outing of this event a few years back and the 140mile version was hard
    Brian B.
  • napper
    napper Posts: 31
    Thanks for that - sadly the link from Cyclosport to the organizers website doesn't work tho.

So I'm no further. I'm not fussed really, but would've liked a crack at it. However, it does appear to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    You are right, it seems to have been pulled and with some luck possibly awaiting a different date when they sort out the event.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I had not tried the link to the website - sorry.

Try emailing Terry as he had a hand in organising it.

mailto:terrbell@gotadsl.co.uk
    Brian B.
  • zwoooosh
    zwoooosh Posts: 18
    Ownership changed to Sportive Bike this year (www.sportivebike.co.uk) and the event was branded 'The Mega Challenge'. Looked like they had shortened the route and got rid of the famous hill finish.

I signed up but was told about a month ago that they had cancelled it due to lack of participants. Also cancelled was 'The Lakeland' (I think). Participants in both were invited to sign up for the Cumbrian on 11 September. Sounds like they are struggling to get publicity and people signed up.

Shame as the Mega Challenge was an awesome ride!