Cycling Holidays Europe

Iain Gillam
Iain Gillam Posts: 53
edited June 2011 in Tour & expedition
Looking to go on a cycling holiday this summer possibly the usual option of the French alps but open to slightly more left field suggestions. Probably not a fully guided trip but something half board or similar. Can anyone offer up any recommendations?

Iain

Comments

• hdow
    hdow Posts: 186
    Have a look at Iberocycle.

They do the sort of thing you are looking for: acommodation, route notes & maps, they carry your kit but leave the cycling to you so you can go at your own pace and are on hand if anything goes wrong.

HarryD
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    edited June 2011
    jc
  • I was looking at this, it will be the first time for me - either south of France or Andalucia for me I think ... Have never forked out to a travel company in my life as I like to do things independently, but am mechanically pretty useless, which is what worries me in this case ....
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Drop Craig at veloventoux.com an email with a rough idea of requirements, he'll be able to advise.
    He and Vicky are based near the foot of Mont Ventoux in Provence (in a goregous house in a perched village) in some of the best cycling terrain in the world, can tailor a trip to requirements and is super friendly. I've been back every year since 2005.