Tektro Auriga Pro - Issues!

king_jeffers
king_jeffers Posts: 694
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Following up a previous post - I have a problem with my tektro auriga pro pistons on the rear, one of the pistons fails to extend and the other fails to retract. Before I bleed the system tonight I was wondering, is it worth trying to dismantle the calliper and lubricate the pistons? I've never done this before and I'm a bit worried they might be tricky to put them back together. Has anyone done this before?

With regard the piston issue so far to try and resolve I have;
- let a small amount of fluid out, no change except lack of pressure now.
- tried (over) pumping the brake, one of the pistons popped out! :oops:

I first noticed the problem when riding home, the recently replaced pads where causing the bike to judder when applying the brake. Changing the calliper location failed to resolve and when I looked at the pads they appeared to be worrying close to each other - had to force open to slot the disc in... help! :cry:

Comments

• buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    I've had similar problems to you and wish you the best of luck fixing them!

I fitted new brake pads recently and they were a very snug fit around my rotor (a very gentle rubbing no matter how much I adjusted calliper position) and when I tried to push the pistons back in they just crept straight back out. Thankfully once I'd done the bedding in process for the pads plus a few miles, there was enough clearance to get the calliper aligned without rubbing.

Note a problem at the mo, but I hope it's not indicative of further problems down the road.