Couple of tech questions - Avid Elixir R SL and Fox Triad

Neilth
Neilth Posts: 31
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys

hoping someone could help me here with a couple of questions

Got a Spec Stumpy 2009 and got a problem with the rear Avid Elixir brake lever - it doesnt spring back to its original position, (like its always done, and like the front lever does) - doesnt seem to be anyway of adjusting it. Would a brake bleed sort this and any guides on bleeding?

Finally its got a Fox Triad rear shock, the lever which adjusts between propedal,locked and open clicks into position in the open, and propedal position, but in the locked position (12 o clock) theres nothing to hold it into place, its just loosly waving around in this position - is this normal?

cheers

Neil

Comments

• Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    Neilth wrote:

Finally its got a Fox Triad rear shock, the lever which adjusts between propedal,locked and open clicks into position in the open, and propedal position, but in the locked position (12 o clock) theres nothing to hold it into place, its just loosly waving around in this position - is this normal?l

Yes.
  • sharky1029
    sharky1029 Posts: 188
    Elixirs need bleeding every 9 months or so so if you haven't bled the brake in a long time it is probably worth doing that.
    Otherwise it could be the pad seperator spring that is worn out.
  • aaronmroach
    aaronmroach Posts: 341
    edited June 2011
    Sounds like youve got alot of air in the system!!!

Just bled my elixirs again (every 3 months at the mo!!! god I hate them!!) this morning, in prep for a course im on next friday hopefully they will last!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoaPUw5DliA

Remember to push the pistons back in first tho, the vid doesnt show this.

If its the first time youve done it for a while I suggest you do it a few times and it should clear the snags up!!! You will need

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/113292.html

43 % off bargain at the mo!!!!
  • Neilth
    Neilth Posts: 31
    thanks for the answers. Gonna get it sorted this weekend then.