Time trial course HQ details?

freehub
freehub Posts: 4,257
edited June 2011 in Amateur race
Hi.

So I've worked out what TT's I possibly want to enter. I noticed on CTT not all maps are there for courses so anyone know anywhere else on the net that might have a map link for the course?

Also I see no details on the course HQ do I have to wait until start sheets are released?

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    freehub wrote:
    Hi.

So I've worked out what TT's I possibly want to enter. I noticed on CTT not all maps are there for courses so anyone know anywhere else on the net that might have a map link for the course?

Also I see no details on the course HQ do I have to wait until start sheets are released?

Course and HQ details are sent out with confirmation of entry if you can't find this info with a google search. Try searching google with the course number. Most should pop up. HQ's may vary from event to event on the same course.
  • jocksyboy
    jocksyboy Posts: 135
    some are on here.

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Eve ... fault.aspx

HQ's will vary according to what is available on the day
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells
  • freehub
    And where it says IE for Internet entry, is it actually Internet entry? Cause I was wanting to enter a 10 near me and there was no links to any Internet entry :?:
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Very, very few open TT's have internet entry. (I can't think of any off the top of my head)
  • freehub
    Well the ones I am entering some of them do. But no links to the entry :s
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    The ctt in partnership with a third party set up an online entry system for the start of last year. This did`nt work too well and eventually collapsed. They then started to formulate an inhouse system for this season , hence the E in the handbook. For technical reasons the system was`nt up and running by the start of the season. So is now non operational , should however be up and running for next year.
    Although i know very little about computing , you would assume that its quite simple to set up an on line entry system . However , given the agro that it seems to be causing to some very tech savvy people ,it obviously a complete nightmare.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Will put down here what ones you want to enter and I will PM you the details of how much and where to send the entries.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Ah, but you then need to be able to fill-in the entry form, and that might as well be rocket science to many people... :roll:
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Ah, but you then need to be able to fill-in the entry form, and that might as well be rocket science to many people... Rolling Eyes

To be fair looking at an entry form for the first time makes very little sense, and there's no guidelines given, for example why does column three say time/distance when in section A it already states the distance? And do you need to enter your results for all given distances? And finally if entry is decided on past three seasons results what the hell are lines 6 and 7 about????
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    batch78 wrote:
    Ah, but you then need to be able to fill-in the entry form, and that might as well be rocket science to many people... Rolling Eyes

To be fair looking at an entry form for the first time makes very little sense, and there's no guidelines given, for example why does column three say time/distance when in section A it already states the distance? And do you need to enter your results for all given distances? And finally if entry is decided on past three seasons results what the hell are lines 6 and 7 about????

Yes, you should enter results for other distances, lines 6 and 7 are for handicap purposes
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    batch78 wrote:

column three time/distance
    you put down your time unless its a 12, then you put down your distance.
    Not exactly rocket science.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    sub55 wrote:
    column three time/distance
    you put down your time unless its a 12, then you put down your distance.
    Not exactly rocket science.
    Not exactly science even, but the form may confusing to a first timer. That's where club membership can help - you can ask people in your club who have done TTs before, they may be racing in the same event. These days people would prefer to start a thread on a forum and get 15 different answers.

The start sheet, sent to you before the event, will have details of HQ etc, some even give Grid Ref and/or postcode. Don't forget some money for cakes (not much point entering if there's no cake). There are details online for some courses but for many it's a case of asking someone who knows. TTing is mainly run by people who don't have the time / inclination to upload info for approved courses. I sometimes feel that time trialling is one sport where the individual is obliged to use their initiative.

Re. the entry form - I use the Word version, saving a copy with my contact info and PBs. I only have to change the event name, date & fee as per the handbook and print a copy. The second page of the form is only for a TTT or hill climb.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.