Glentress and Innerleithen

getting_on_a_bit
getting_on_a_bit Posts: 77
edited June 2011 in Routes
Trip planned for this weekend,what are the conditions at the moment,red routes..thanks

Comments

• Iwingstein
    Iwingstein Posts: 111
    Was there on Wednesday for a flying visit (been to see a client, then a quick blat before driving the 450 miles home to Kent :D ).

Without knowing what it can be like, I'd say generally dry but with puddles. I got slightly dirty.

First time there and thought it was fab, will be back later in the year for a few goes:D

ATB

Simon
  • Was there this week. Weather has been good-ish recently. Generally dry. Some days are dusty. Some damp. Odd puddle. A few midges - but far from bad.

Forecast for the weekend is good. I'll be there at some stage this weekend again :)

Dont forget this set of events (incl this weekend). May have an impact on you - or you may want to join in:
    http://tweedlove.com/events

Edit - forgot to say, the new (a few weeks-ish) blue "Berm Baby Berm" is well - well worth a mini detour from the red at GT (starts just beside the skills area and puts you back in the buzzards car park).
  • Thanks all,seeing the 'blue' rain simulation on the weather forecast over scotland for what has seemed the last month I was concerned that the trails would be bad.
  • Eskimo427
    Eskimo427 Posts: 288
    the trails at Glentress and Inners deal with the bad weather very well. Apart from puddles here and there they are usually quite good.
  • Bike Bloke
    Bike Bloke Posts: 172
    The only bit on the Red route that gets bad when it rains is "Pennels Vennel", you go in looking clean and come out somewhat wet/muddy at the bottom! The rest is very resilient to the weather!
  • Weather was pretty grim Sat and Sun but the trails were absolutely fine.
    First time up in Scotland and well impressed with both venues and all the friendly bikers
  • Heading up there in a couple of weeks for the first time,

Is there enough there to keep you occupied for a full weekend?

Didnt know whether to take in one of the other stanes on the way up/down?

What do people recommend? All the group at a good fitness/skills level.
  • We did the Glentress red in the morning,lunch at the Hub Cafe and the blue in the afternoon.Started at 11am and finished at 5.30.We are all reasonably fit.The black is much longer so you could make it a very hard day.
    Sunday we just did Innerleithen red xc and that was pretty tough and slow uphill to Minch Moor but a fantastic mainly downhill ride from then on.Took about 4 hours but we did have about 1 hour puncture/rest/chat time.
  • porton
    porton Posts: 40
    i would suggest there is plenty at Glentress and Innerleithen , just got back from weekend and we did same as above, Saturday Glentress Red & Blue & repeat few loops & Skills area knackered then Sunday Innerleithen we did Red XC before coming home and there was more we could have done if we had time or energy left

and it was awesome :-)
  • porton
    porton Posts: 40
    i would suggest there is plenty at Glentress and Innerleithen , just got back from weekend and we did same as above, Saturday Glentress Red & Blue & repeat few loops & Skills area knackered then Sunday Innerleithen we did Red XC before coming home and there was more we could have done if we had time or energy left

and it was awesome :-)