New Sportive (Ribble)

welkman
welkman Posts: 396
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

Hoping to swap the wheels for some RS80 Shimano jobs.

Looking forward to a proper test ride on Sat.

W

Comments

• wayneabs
    wayneabs Posts: 63
    Nice looking bike there Welkman, is that shimano 105 you equipped it with? If you don't mind what was the overall bike build cost - I take it you used the bike builder? I am thinking of maybe a Ribble for my next bike.

Cheers
  • welkman
    It cost about 1150 in that spec. I wanted the better wheels but they were out of stock. I am desperate to get out on it and see how it rides but I am a bit ill this week. Hopefully it will pass by the weekend! The position is the most aggressive I have ever had so I will see how I get on with that as well.
  • welkman
    Yes that is 105
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    welkman wrote:
    The position is the most aggressive I have ever had so I will see how I get on with that as well.

I thought the "sportive" was meant to be a more relaxed geo? longer head tube?
  • bartolli
    bartolli Posts: 57
    Needs to be in taller gear :)

On a serious note, I do like the new sportive look. It kinda has that 'looks fast when it's standing still' paintjob.

Maybe I could change my frame....hmmm.....
  • welkman
    Regarding the gearing thats how it came out the box! Have since found out they did not bother to index the gears which is a bit annoying.
  • welkman
    Got some miles in and finding the bike brilliant, every push of the pedal seems to translate into drive. The position is much more comfortable than I thought it would be, needed to loose the spacers from the head tube and move the seat to the extreme rear of its travel. Think I will fit a fisk saddle, RS80 or equivilent Mavic wheels, layback seatpost and just ride the nuts of it for the next year ;)