OT - Attention Android Users

noodles71
noodles71 Posts: 153
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Imagine a scenario.... You enter the details of your flights for your upcoming trip to Moscow (while in London) into a calendar event on your Android phone. Upon arrival you change the timezone to Moscow time.

On the day you go to leave, you check the time and get to the airport knowing if you miss your flight your visa expires and there is a chance you could be arrested for being an illegal overstayer as well as the extra cost involved changing tickets and returning back to Moscow to apply for a new visa after sleeping the night in an airport.

If only the bloody phone didn't change the times and add three hours to your flight departure calendar record you would be safe.

I so wish I had of printed a paper copy :oops:

Comments

• fishz
    fishz Posts: 20
    Ouch!

Try TripIt - free in the market, and v. good
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Yup, running a bleedin' Desire HD and hate it. My iPhone used to do this stuff when moving between timezones without even asking or making me think about it (and the battery was better). Bah! I hate this telephone.

I know, I know, I'm a luddite and should read the inch thick manual......but I don't want to!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Irvinet
    Irvinet Posts: 117
    On my Android you can select "lock timezone" from the calendar settings. Imagine this would sort you out. Not sure if it is a universal option though.
    Roberts Audax - Raleigh Fixie - Thorn Tandem