Which Pannier Rack?

That_Bloke_Just_Off_The_A
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
I have a Dawes Sportif Elite and as the bike is essentially an audax bike it has pannier rack eyelets, but because it has a road bike wheel the rear hub spacing is 130mm, and just wondered what pannier racks would fit it as most are designed for a 135mm hub like you'd find on most hybrids or touring bikes. I am only going to be carrying at most 10kg so I don't need anything really heavy duty but I also do not want to have one of those seatpost mounted ones.

I am aware that tortec make a suitable rack called a velocity, but was just wondering what else is available.

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    You'll be fine with any rack if the difference is only 5mm. I've found that you can generally pull or push the 'arms' of a rack quite a lot to make it fit any bike, even up to 25-30mm. Generally racks are a bit too narrow and the arms need pulling apart to fit the rear wheel eyelets. Just my experience.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    +1 don't fret it, buy and fit, besides the internal width between the rear dropouts does not necesarily reflect a standard width to the outside of the dropouts where the rack mounts.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Aye, just bend it. I just got a second hand one through the post, it got a bit squashed (about 15mm too narrow) so it's been yanked apart to fit the frame.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}