Where do you keep your bike?

bikeboon
bikeboon Posts: 81
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
For instance, my road bike happily lives in the wardrobe together with suits and shirts. Wheels go on a specially designed hanger separated from the clothes, and the frame is covered up before going home. 2-3 minutes each way.

Where do you keep yours?

Comments

• MattJ88
    MattJ88 Posts: 41
    Garage
  • bikeboon
    bikeboon Posts: 81
    Errrm...

You know, there are places where lots of (good) properties at best come with a balcony... Garage? Garden? Need to look those up in a dictionary ;)
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    The Tricross gets thrown in the shed. The Dolan gets delicately placed in the study :D
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Garou
    Garou Posts: 33
    Next to my bed.
    'I'm not in the business; I am the business.'
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    The MTB, tourer/utility bike and project bike live in the shed. The roadie is beside me as I type this in my living room, pointing towards the front door, prepped and fuelled (well, with a full drinks bottle in one of the cages), eagerly awaiting the morning launch window.

EDIT: I hope you're not casing our gaffs!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    in our hall surrounded by oil and grease stains thankfully we've not started decorating this part of the house yet! :P
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243
    @ Home - Garage

@ Work - on a Bike hoist pulled up to the ceiling in my office :wink:
  • At home: in my shed

At work: in the work underground car park
  • MattJ88
    MattJ88 Posts: 41
    Yeah, at work the bike sites next to my desk

Although our office is getting knocked down in August so no idea where we moving to!
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    Nice Bikes in the house, we have stands... Dirty bikes live in the shed.

At work, they hang outside on a rack, unless it's a weekend and there's less people about and they can come inside.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    MTB and commuter in the shed, road bike in the kitchen. At work either on the stands outside, or in the office if there's nobody else in.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    At home - in the spare room of my 1st floor flat!

At work - in the bike shed of our underground carpark!

In my old flat - we only had 1 bedroom - so it used to be kept next to the bed!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I leave mine in the leopard enclosure in the back garden.
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    Garage
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    The commuter - outside
    The winter bike - kitchen
    The summer bike - bedroom
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    I too would like details of where you keep your bikes, particularly the security arrangements and what you think your bikes would be worth on ebay please. :wink:

I've got two road bikes and a cheapo MTB, they all live in the alleyway from the front to the back of the house, all locked up safe and sound and covered by the intruder alarm. Although mine are worth less than £1k combined so hardly worth stealing anyway!
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Side of the house, in the elements, not chained to anything.

We hope that they won't get nicked, but replacing the bikes would be a lot cheaper than replacing the carpet or putting up with the hassle of them inside (our tiny flat).
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    roadbike- conservatory delicatley balanced on all the junk currently stored in there.

MTB/commuter - in the hallway

other bikes - outside in the garden covered by a tarpaulin
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    In the study, on one of these, all three of 'em.

215TGi4%2Bq5L._SS500_.jpg
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I cleared out the junk cupboard under the stairs and then slowly introduced the idea to the wife that, having spend a lot of money on the road bike, it was an ideal place for it !!!

In work it gets put in the store room upstairs .

Mtb still in the shed..... covered in mud !
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    At the moment:

Road bike/commuter - in the hall.
    MTB and part built "project" - in the living room, tucked behind the sofa against the wall. It helps that the project doesn't have handlebars yet.

In my defence, we're redecorating, so the study that they would normally live in is empty by necessity, and the spare bedroom that would otherwise make for some storage space is filled with it's own furniture plus everything else that would normally go in the study.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Commuter :- Garage

Winter bike :- Garage

Fair weather bike :- Kitchen.

All areas fully alarmed.
  • HTL
    HTL Posts: 23
    I live in a studio flat - so its next to me at all times.

At work I have it in my office. One of the joys of being a PE teacher.
  • Kona Jake the Snake in the garage.

Brompton.... folded up under my desk both at home and the office (but not at the same time)
  • tugger
    tugger Posts: 122
    mountain bike and road bike in spare room, commuter in the living room, behind the sofa
    All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    One in spare bedroom leaning against the bed.
    Three downstairs (two up two down terrace with downstairs knocked through) on bike stands.
    One in the shed.
    Two old ones in the back yard under tarpaulin.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    at home: utilty room & shed, dependng on which one(s) are currently in favour.

at work: under the stairs near the back door

out an about, well lit and plenty of foot traffic going by.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    As if I am going to tell you ............ on a public forum :roll: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.