Virus removal help

jairaj
jairaj Posts: 3,009
edited June 2011 in The hub
I have a virus on my PC. My anit-virus detected it and tried to delete it but it kept spawning copies of it self quicker than the anti-virus could delete them.

My computer then became unresponsive so I restarted it.

Now I a get a few seconds of the windows loading screen then a blue screen with some writing flashes up before the PC restarts again. This just repeats forever until I turn the power off and now I can't use my PC at all.

Any advise?

Comments

• leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Wipe it and reinstall windows yourself or take it to a local pc shop.
  • jairaj
    hmm so there is no other way then? :cry:
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    jairaj wrote:
    hmm so there is no other way then? :cry:

A pc shop may be able to retrieve your data
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Try starting it in safe mode first of all.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • jairaj
    I tried the F8 method to put the computer into safe mode but the screen stays blank and the boot prompt never appears. I sat there pressing F8 for 3 mins and nothing happened. I think the virus is preventing the computer to boot up in safe mode.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Two questions:

Any idea what the exploit/virus was named? If your AV detected it, it should have flagged the name of the virus

How are you accessing BR if your computers FUBAR? :twisted:
  • micksjoiner
    micksjoiner Posts: 409
    switch off systems restore,then run anti virus scan
    hates dog walkers
  • jairaj
    Raymondavalon - Sorry can't remember what the Virus was called else would have tried a web search for a solution. Also accessing BR from work and mobile.

micksjoiner - Sorry I don't understand what you want me to do. Can you provide more info please?
  • Gizmokev
    Gizmokev Posts: 146
    Insert your windows disc and rather than a fresh install go for repair....that may help resolve the issue.

Other than that its a fresh install.....next time make sure you partition your disk and have one side for system and the other for data....its the future trust me.
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    I assume this is solved now?

Shame I didn't see it earlier or I could have talked you through removing it. It's what I do on a daily basis.