London to Brighton Moon Ride

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
Anyone done this before ?
http://www.moonriders.co.uk/index.php

I'm considering it (if I can persuade Mrs. C that we should come back from the lake district a day early !).

What's it like, I'd assume that it isn't even a fraction as busy as the usual L2B ?

Cheers......... M
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Matt, the link says it's the inaugural ride - it looks like you'll be the guinea pig.
  • MattC59
    Matt, the link says it's the inaugural ride - it looks like you'll be the guinea pig.
    oops, missed that bit :roll: :D
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    This sounds good, have been loking for an excuse to get the Tandem out for a serious (ish) run. I can't imagine it will have anything like as many people riding as the normal LtoB. Sounds like a FNRttC with organised return transport and fundraising. £89 admin fee is quite steep mind.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    £89! :shock:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Daylight robbery. Oh, hang on a minute.....
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Daylight robbery. Oh, hang on a minute.....
    Couldn't resist that, could you :lol:

Yeah, £89 is steep, but it appears pretty well orgainised, two meals are included, baggage transfer, marshalling etc etc.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    t4tomo wrote:
    Sounds like a FNRttC with organised return transport and fundraising. £89 admin fee is quite steep mind.

That's exactly what it is (not that they'd admit it, I'm sure). Sounds like a rip-off in multiple senses. The charity FNRttC in aid of the Martlets Hospice in Hove has an entry fee of £15. And there will be marshals (possibly including myself), and route finding, and a sag wagon, and a half-way stop...Bit of a difference!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    £89 is just the deposit, you also have to raise a minimum £200 sponsorship :shock:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • hugh1982
    hugh1982 Posts: 40
    Dunwich Dynamo is a fantastic 120 mile night ride. And the best thing about it is that it is completely free