Wistow Wheelers Leicester

fludey
fludey Posts: 384
Is anyone out this weekend around Leicester for a take it easy ride, will be setting off from Garden Centre at Wistow if anyone wants to come along......but be assured this will be a gentle take it easy ride no racing allowed!! :D
Felt AR4
Planet X Pro Carbon 105
MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I might get out and about Fludey! What day/time/distance are you looking at?
  • fludey
    I think sat morn 1030 prob be around about 25-30 miles at a steady pace nothing too fast, me n one other.

Will be out Sunday as well for a lone ride if it's not wetting it down!

Out Friday night as well in Harborough for a late night 30 but that's only suitable for mtb or hybrid bikes not full road bike.

You'd think all this riding I'd be getting fit but hills still see me off!!

No riding next weekend as it's my 77 mile charity ride.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Was out that way yesterday enroute to a ride around the Langtons. Beautiful scenery. What pace are you aiming for and what route?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • fludey
    Route will be around Kibworth-Saddington-Mowsley-Bruntingthorpe-Countesthorpe-Kilby-Wistow, its about 25-30 miles the pace will be what ever it is not aimimg for any flying times just time in the saddle at the minute :D
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • StillGoing
    So how's the group rides progressing; any more take up re numbers?
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    What? A Wistow in Leicester?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    That's what I was thinking; I'm only familiar with your one near Cawood.
  • StillGoing
    And similarly we'd never heard of your Wistow. :wink:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    But Will's from there. It's famous!
  • LeicesterLad
    philthy3 wrote:

Not had a get together!

I see so many people out on a sunday morning, alone or in twos, around the south of Leicester (wigston to lutterworth) im surprised there hasn't been much take-up, although they are probably just shy like me. :oops:
  • white91
    white91 Posts: 431
    I am from Croft so not far from you guys, where do you tend to ride?
  • LeicesterLad
    white91 wrote:

Im wigston. Tend to loop Countesthorpe, foston, peatling (magna and parva) bruntingthorpe, ashby magna, willoughby, dunton bassett, blaby, and on the other side, kilby, arnesby, wistow, fleckney.
  • StillGoing
    philthy3 wrote:

Not had a get together!

I see so many people out on a sunday morning, alone or in twos, around the south of Leicester (wigston to lutterworth) im surprised there hasn't been much take-up, although they are probably just shy like me. :oops:

I was out around Gumley, Saddington etc the other day after quite a while off the bike and too many nights dining out expanding my waste line. Getting up those hills as a lardy isn't easy. I say hills, anyone from the Peaks, Wales, Scotland and South West would call them a speed hump. Once I get back into it I'll pm you.
  • fludey
    Go on someone set the web page up or face book page and get it started, don't know how to do that bit.

As for waiting till ya loose a bit to get up hills I wouldn't worry you haven't seen my climbing ability :oops:
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • fludey
    white91 wrote:

Im wigston. Tend to loop Countesthorpe, foston, peatling (magna and parva) bruntingthorpe, ashby magna, willoughby, dunton bassett, blaby, and on the other side, kilby, arnesby, wistow, fleckney.

Surprised never come across you they are my favourite haunts...kilby, countesthorpe, foston,ashby,bruntigtorpe,wistow,kibworth and then back to fleckney.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • I'm a bit on the other side - in Leicester Forest East - although I frequently go over the Blaby, Peatling side for a change. That hill at the side of Saddington reservoir up to Gumley is the only one that's ever defeated me!
    I tend to ride mid-week mostly.
  • fludey
    Have you tried the short sharp shock from the reservoir up to Saddington, only short but steep! Great on the way out thou....weeeeee :D
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • grahamj
    grahamj Posts: 2
    I'm from Countesthorpe.

We have a small club based in Countesthorpe. We meet up every Wednesday evening at 7pm at the King William if anybody wants to join us. We do all the routes mentioned above plus others. When the nights are longer we do around 25-30 miles. Now the nights are drawing in we do around 15-20 miles.

Plus Sunday mornings.

See us on face book, Countesthorpe Cycling Club.

Graham.
  • LeicesterLad
    fludey wrote:
    white91 wrote:

Surprised never come across you they are my favourite haunts...kilby, countesthorpe, foston,ashby,bruntigtorpe,wistow,kibworth and then back to fleckney.

Bet you ride saturdays though don't you Fludey? My weekend starts about 8:30am Sunday morning, usually see a few singletons about though! Just look out for the ghastly yellow and black bike. :oops:
  • LeicesterLad
    grahamj wrote:
    I'm from Countesthorpe.

We have a small club based in Countesthorpe. We meet up every Wednesday evening at 7pm at the King William if anybody wants to join us. We do all the routes mentioned above plus others. When the nights are longer we do around 25-30 miles. Now the nights are drawing in we do around 15-20 miles.

Plus Sunday mornings.

See us on face book, Countesthorpe Cycling Club.

Graham.

Is there a road ride tomorrow?
  • fludey
    I couldn't find the Facebook page do you have a link?

Leicesterlad ride Saturday or Sunday depends on rain or which day mates on call out.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • grahamj
    grahamj Posts: 2
    Leicesterlad, I've only just seen your post. I think there was a ride this morning. Although I had far too much beer last night to make it!

Re. The Facebook link, I'm afraid I don't know how to include a link. I am not on face book myself. I acces it through my wife's account. It is literally called Countesthorpe Cycling Club. Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Graham
  • Physio2
    Physio2 Posts: 1
    Hi are countesthorpe cycling club still meeting. Does any one have any contact details
  • extrusion
    extrusion Posts: 247
    fludey wrote:
    Out Friday night as well in Harborough for a late night 30 but that's only suitable for mtb or hybrid bikes not full road bike.

Hi mate,

I live in harborough, ride past wistow garden centre on my way to/from work. Can't make saturday, but interested in Friday night, what time/route are you taking?
  • fludey
    Sorry to say that Friday night are off road :oops: not suitable for thin wheels! We do the tunnel route from Harborough to the pub at the other end Lamport I think and back again, 28 miles flat going.

Do all my road rides Mon to Thurs and Sat n Sunday, Mon to Thurs local rides around Kibworth way, weekends open to suggestions have usually been local or out to Rutland and back.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
  • extrusion
    extrusion Posts: 247
    I ride a hybrid with fat tyres on at the moment, that's why I was asking. However I think I'm going to be too tired anyway as commuting all this week (40 mile round trips) so not sure I could manage 2 rides on Friday. Curry and beer currently sound more inviting!