40min home workout plan please!

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
Hallo all! I've not been in this room before... oooh.... kinda looks like the other rooms around here.... Anyway, lets see who's who.

I broke my wrist about 5 weeks back, tis mostly ok now but as I didn't do much prior to that I'm feeling a bit soft.
So in prep for some getting back on the proverbial horse I want to do some home strength build ups. I'm giving myself a 40min slot after work to do at home, I've no weights, just my body weight.
Can you give me any advice on how many reps of which exercises I should be doing? Any training I did before was unstructured and pretty much: do pressups until you're tired, do situps until you're tired etc which was insanely boring. I think a plan would be more interesting.

Cheers guys n gals

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What do you want to achieve? If you're looking for fitness, then going for a half hour run will do wonders, far more than than weights, or situps or whatever.
  • bluechair84
    toning really. Once I'm back on the bike I'll get my fitness from that. I'm one of those who finds running too boring but my wrist can't take a long enough ride just yet.
    I'm after a rough guide to a routine to build up core strength and muscles.
  • bluechair84
    toning really. Once I'm back on the bike I'll get my fitness from that. I'm one of those who finds running too boring but my wrist can't take a long enough ride just yet.
    I'm after a rough guide to a routine to build up core strength and muscles.
  • Anonymous
    Just keep doing what you're doing then I suppose.
    For what it's worth, I find that it helps take the tedium off, if you do it whilst watching telly. do situps all the way through an ad-break, then rest while watching telly.
    Then do pressups, or squats or something at the next ad break, and so on.
  • bluechair84
    hmm nice take. I've been putting on an album and doing a set a song with a song for break here and there. But I'm only managing 4 tracks of workouts FFS - I thought I was a fairly fit 26yr old... Which is why I'm here for advice :oops:
  • Anonymous
    hmm nice take. I've been putting on an album and doing a set a song with a song for break here and there. But I'm only managing 4 tracks of workouts FFS - I thought I was a fairly fit 26yr old... Which is why I'm here for advice :oops:
    :lol:
    I know, it's just dull isn't it?
    but I like watching telly, so decided to incorporate it into some workout (when I needed to, I've since given up and just ride or run).
    Give it a go one evening, it's surprising how many reps you can do in a couple of hours of watching telly.
    Of course, this is thoroughly unscientific, and only really serves to fill the space until someone comes along with some sensible suggestions :lol:
  • bluechair84
    Well for a seasoned crudite, I thought sensible fitness suggestions might revolve around bacons and home brew :) This is fairly ok, I applaude you! Jeremy Kyle for some boxing (get all angryfied), hipthrusts when the weather comes on! I could tailor my set for the program here!
  • Anonymous
    Haha, i love it! Great thinking, that man! :lol: