Hollyoaks - stay with me

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
OK so I stumbled across Hollyoaks last week. Now normally I don't watch it, but this particular story grabbed me... because I just don't understand it.

There is a girl who is a trans gender/sexual (she wants to be a boy). So she goes to school and dresses as a boy as that is how she wants to be identified. Not my coffee but fair beans.

As with all teenagers she/he wants to explore her/his sexuality. Thing is she/he is attracted to men. So in order to find men she goes to a gay dating website. I didn't script this gem.

Now, here's the thing. Her sexual identity aside my understanding is that gay men like men. And without the 'op' she is still functionally a woman and therefore - physically at least - underneath the clothing unappealing to gay men. (This brings back a conversation I had with a gay man and the utter look of disgust on his face when he described having sex with a woman.

Shouldn't she be better served looking for straight men who like butch male dressing women? The internet has told me there are such men.

I've also been left with the lingering question what is the point of all the transsexualness if essentially she is sexually straight... yes I get that her own sexual identity is in question not her sexuality, but still... :shock:

Edit: OK, typing it out it has become clearer in my mind. But still, is this what TV has come to. I miss Wild Life on One and Tomorrow's World:
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Hollyoaks - stay with me
    I didn't think it was possible for the post to go downhill given the title...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Shouldn't this have been posted on the "OT: What's your favourite serial?" thread
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • DonDaddyD
    It did result in Ms DDD and I having an argument about society, what is entertainment and a "useful use of the TV" if that helps because I was dumbfounded by this.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    DDD this confused me a little too.
    incidently the "girl" in question is very much sure of her sexuality in real life i've been out to a comedy club with her and friends, wierd to see her minus any make up and with short hair in hollyoakes
  • DonDaddyD
    nwmlarge wrote:
    incidently the "girl" in question is very much sure of her sexuality in real life i've been out to a comedy club with her and friends, wierd to see her minus any make up and with short hair in hollyoakes

"Hey-Zeus" Everyone knows someone today. Eke knows Lewis Hamilton, you know Hollyoaks burdbloke... Is she fit?
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    nwmlarge wrote:

"Hey-Zeus" Everyone knows someone today. Eke knows Lewis Hamilton, you know Hollyoaks burdbloke... Is she fit?

If she isn't she'll not be in Hollyoaks for long. Likewise if she can act she'll probably not be there for long.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • drays
    drays Posts: 119
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Is she fit?

NEEDS PICS!!! :D
    2014 Planet X Pro Carbon
    2012 Boardman Hybrid Comp
    2010 Boardman Pro Hardtail
    c1994 Raleigh Outland MTB
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    nwmlarge wrote:

"Hey-Zeus" Everyone knows someone today. EKE knows Lewis Hamilton, you know Hollyoaks burdbloke... Is she fit?

I know someone who knows Lewis. Not quite the same thing.

I have heard of the 'sex change but wanting to fiddle with someone of the sex you've changed to' happening in real life. As I've always said, Hollyoaks is a documentary!
    The internet caters for all tastes, so I'm sure the character will be able to find a bloke who lusts after pre-op female to male, jail bait.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    And without the 'op' she is still functionally a woman and therefore - physically at least - underneath the clothing unappealing to gay men.

Seems pretty clear to me. In the key areas, she is 66.66% genetically identical to the male of the species, so strong selling points there. Then there's the option for her to strap up...

However, this does all seem just a little implausible.

Does she have superpowers?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD

Nah you're now the cyclist person I know who knows Lewis Hamilton, that's how it works! :wink: You won't have to do anything or meet my friends I'll tell this to. It just adds to the social standing. Hell it might even make me appear faster... it's all about interpretation.

I'm joking
    I have heard of the 'sex change but wanting to fiddle with someone of the sex you've changed to' happening in real life. As I've always said, Hollyoaks is a documentary!
    The internet caters for all tastes, so I'm sure the character will be able to find a bloke who lusts after pre-op female to male, jail bait.
    Back when Virgin (how ironic) 1 was one freeview, I saw it on Sexcetera. Buck Angel - don't Google if at work.
    Seems pretty clear to me. In the key areas, she is 66.66% genetically identical to the male of the species

Ah yes the ever important feet, legs, stomach, shoulders, arms and head. Yeah those bit counts....
    Food Chain number = 4

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Nah you're now the cyclist person I know who knows Lewis Hamilton, that's how it works! :wink: You won't have to do anything or meet my friends I'll tell this to. It just adds to the social standing. Hell it might even make me appear faster... it's all about interpretation.

I'm joking
    Back when Virgin (how ironic) 1 was one freeview, I saw it on Sexcetera. Buck Angel - don't Google if at work.
    Seems pretty clear to me. In the key areas, she is 66.66% genetically identical to the male of the species

Ah yes the ever important feet, legs, stomach, shoulders, arms and head. Yeah those bit counts....

Umm, I was thinking more in terms of 66.66% = two out of three...

tick, tick,tick, tick,....

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I know Keria Knightley.
  • dhope
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I'm joking

Umm, I was thinking more in terms of 66.66% = two out of three...

When you put it like that. Are you trying to chat me up?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Sewinman wrote:
    I know Keria Knightley.

Does she know that you can't spell her name though?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Sewinman
    Greg66 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I know Keria Knightley.

Oops....anyway, she is known as 'Boo' to her friends.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Greg66 wrote:
    That sound you all heard was the sound of DDD's penny dropping!

DDD, at the outside, you are 4 degrees of separation from knowing Lewis. Probably less.
    I wonder how you could get from me to Colonel Gadaffi (plucking a well known person out of thin air)?...

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    Sewinman wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I know Keria Knightley.

Ah. Would that be BooK (K for Keira), a book being an accurate description both of the relief of her decolletage and the dynamism of her acting?

(I'm sure she is lovely, but I've never thought much of her acting skillz. FWIW, I know people who were at college with Rachel Weisz, and she's a lot worse).

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2011
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

DDD, at the outside, you are 4 degrees of separation from knowing Lewis. Probably less.
    I wonder how you could get from me to Colonel Gadaffi (plucking a well known person out of thin air)?...

Yeah my maths is shite. I rounded up to 70% because I was thinking two boobs and a vajaz (also known - in my mind - as the "trinity").

Colonel Gadaffi is too much of a stretch but I know someone who knows Ian Duncan Smith and William Hague (The Greg's just got randy). I really do!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Sewinman
    Greg66 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I know Keria Knightley.

Ah. Would that be BooK (K for Keira), a book being an accurate description both of the relief of her decolletage and the dynamism of her acting?

(I'm sure she is lovely, but I've never thought much of her acting skillz. FWIW, I know people who were at college with Rachel Weisz, and she's a lot worse).

Well....I know her as she is the younger sister of my best mate from school. She was a 'lovey' by the time she was about 2 years old. My mate and I did our very best to avoid her in those days.
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    I know Keria Knightley.

Well....I know her as she is the younger sister of my best mate from school. She was a 'lovey' by the time she was about 2 years old. My mate and I did our very best to avoid her in those days.
    Dude...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Sewinman
    Wot?
  • EKE_38BPM
    I think he means she was an actress by the age of two and they used to avoid the mate's little sister.

• Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Well back to the Tv being crap point of the thread, I managed to upset the missus at the end of emmerdale the other night. there is a storyline about a paralysed lad being bumped off by him boyfriend and mum because he cant stand being paralysed. At the end of the programme the usual "If you were affected by this storyline call yadda, yadda, yadda" When I responded to this by saying "Mo I've not been effected, BECAUSE IT'S NOT REAL!" My missus got quite upset with me! wtf?
  • Sewinman
    I meant that she was 'showbiz' before she even started infant school. She had an agent by about 5 or 6 and we all knew she would be a star. My mate (her bro) and I found her quite annoying and we tended to avoid her.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

One of our neighbours is an architect who does (did?) loads of work in Tripoli for the Libyan Govt. Reckon he is no more than three away, possibly two.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Greg66 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

One of our neighbours is an architect who does (did?) loads of work in Tripoli for the Libyan Govt. Reckon he is no more than three away, possibly two.

I know Tony Hayward (even stayed in his french flat many moons ago) so through him and me, you can likely get most important oil based country leaders...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • dhope
    I have a Bacon Number of 3...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    Greg66 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I know Tony Hayward (even stayed in his french flat many moons ago) so through him and me, you can likely get most important oil based country leaders...

And that, people, is how the 'six degrees of separation' thing works. Kind of amazing, isn't it?

• qwerty1982
    qwerty1982 Posts: 232
    i happen to watch the same said episode and was thinking along the same lines....! If a bloke goes with 'it' is he gay? I just couldn't get my head around it!!!

I know Lewis's little brother, I raced him a few times (Nitro RC racing) does that count???