Get back to work you lot.

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
I've logged on at 13.54 and there's a shed load of peeps that are browsing the chat section. Does this mean that,

A) Like me you're off work and just having a nosey,

Or,

B) You're sat at a desk in an office somewhere not doing what you're supposed to be doing, and on BR on the QT?

:wink:

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Option B m'lud.

You're off work? Get on the bike slacker!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Some of us are able to do more than one thing at once e.g.

Correspond on BR
    Listen to tennis
    Pretend to work
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Tonymufc
    dhope wrote:
    Option B m'lud.

You're off work? Get on the bike slacker!

Had a full weekend, Club TTT on Sat (very painfull) and what was supposedly a recovery ride with a mate yesterday. So one is putting ones' feet up till one goes back to work tomorrow. :D
  • dhope
    Some of us are able to do more than one thing at once e.g.

Correspond on BR
    Listen to tennis
    Pretend to work

Ooh, tennis. Good point. Time to multitask. Maybe get a cuppa too
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • For those of you that forgot about the tennis Tsonga won the first set 6-3 and it is currently 4-4 in the second....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Tonymufc
    WOW! You lot do really know how to scive. Must work for a local authority. :wink:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I work smart not hard.

As long as I deliver to a standard and quantity that meets or exceeds the expectations of those around me then my work is done.

I user to work for an insurance company and on Monday morning we would write on the whiteboard what we we had to achieve for that week to stay ahead of plan. Once that was achieved, usually around 11am on a Friday we would chuff off for long lazy 5 hour liquid lunches.

It was a dirty job, but someone had to do it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Asprilla wrote:
    I work smart not hard.

As long as I deliver to a standard and quantity that meets or exceeds the expectations of those around me then my work is done.

I user to work for an insurance company and on Monday morning we would write on the whiteboard what we we had to achieve for that week to stay ahead of plan. Once that was achieved, usually around 11am on a Friday we would chuff off for long lazy 5 hour liquid lunches.

Ha, I know someone at a 2nd/3rd Tier IB who's told that they shouldn't exceed targets because the firm can't afford to pay out on the extra bonuses. So they hit their targets in 3 months and literally spend the other 9 sitting in the office finding new ways to not get bored. No sh!t.
  • dhope
    Tonymufc wrote:
    WOW! You lot do really know how to scive. Must work for a local authority. :wink:

Worse, investment bank
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Does this mean that,

and have exhausted other internet forms of entertainment FROM HOME.....

ahem

J'accuse!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    My job is horrendously boring. I reckon that 10 mins here and there browsing the Internet helps me keep my head in the game. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Option B obviously.

If I didn't have to show up in order to get paid for some obscure reason, I would be out on the bike :wink:

As above. As long as the work is done to the expected quality and delivered on time I am pretty much left to do as I wish.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Asprilla wrote:
    I work smart not hard.

Ha, I know someone at a 2nd/3rd Tier IB who's told that they shouldn't exceed targets because the firm can't afford to pay out on the extra bonuses. So they hit their targets in 3 months and literally spend the other 9 sitting in the office finding new ways to not get bored. No sh!t.

Also if you exceed targets one year, your targets the next year will be even higher, and if you're not getting paid out, why bother?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    I'd sack you all like dogs. Get back to work and earn the money to pay for my benefits.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Tonymufc wrote:
    B) You're sat at a desk in an office somewhere not doing what you're supposed to be doing, and on BR on the QT?

Maybe more B), but I'm going for some added C) only have 3 weeks left here before I leave and start a new job, so don't really have a lot to do anyway.

Tonymufc wrote:

As it happens, yes., although I'm seconded to a public/private joint venture with BT.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Of course, even if I don't view this site in particular - it stays open in ff all day. Do most of your guys close down the tab/window once browsing is complete?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Tonymufc wrote:
    I've logged on at 13.54 and there's a shed load of peeps that are browsing the chat section. Does this mean that,

Or,

:wink:

Get off the forum and on your bike, jeeze man :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.