Cycling to Bestival

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Am off to Bestival this year and am toying with the idea of riding there. Friends are driving so I can sling my stuff in a car which would make it easier. Just wondering if there are placs to lock bikes securely when you arrive. Anyone done this before?
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Yep - we had a house on the Isle of Wight and cycled to and from the Robin Hood. We locked bikes to immovable objects and they were ok, but I would think about maybe phoning them and asking them - the site is pretty open to people wondering around and I doubt if anyone is carrying bold cutters round with them, but people are quite "refreshed". We didn't have any problems, but were taking them back at night and not leaving them there for 3 days. You could leave the bike in your mate's car?
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    mroli wrote:
    Yep - we had a house on the Isle of Wight and cycled to and from the Robin Hood. We locked bikes to immovable objects and they were ok, but I would think about maybe phoning them and asking them - the site is pretty open to people wondering around and I doubt if anyone is carrying bold cutters round with them, but people are quite "refreshed". We didn't have any problems, but were taking them back at night and not leaving them there for 3 days. You could leave the bike in your mate's car?

Yes, I suppose that's a thought, they do have an estate car... I couldn't see any reference to bike storage on the website... May try to email them or something
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.