OT- Blood Donors

13»

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I do give Blood, though the Blood service couldn't get drunk at a place that made beer...
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Drysuit - I've emailed my details to them as B+ but haven't heard back anything. How do you know about the CMV-ve thing - is that something they can tell you when you give blood?

I don't twit or facebook.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I've been a blood donor for a few years now (with a couple year break after having recieved a course of accupuncture treatment which also makes you ineligable for a period of time) will be on my 5th pint next month.

I decided to give blood after a Marine friend of mine was saved after recieving blood transfusions when he had his lower left leg blown off by an IED in Afghanistan. It made me realise how important blood donation was across the board.

Being A+ they quite like me because I am such a common blood type and it's always needed.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Genau
    Genau Posts: 12
    There is a donation session at work soon but I can't give blood here as these foreigners are convinced all British people have mad cow disease.

I reckon they're just scared their puny foreign bodies can't handle English blood. Probably.

No demonstrations being held to protest against this terrible "discrimination" though.
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    t4tomo wrote:
    Drysuit - I've emailed my details to them as B+ but haven't heard back anything. How do you know about the CMV-ve thing - is that something they can tell you when you give blood?

I don't twit or facebook.

you will hear from em and i can mention it on monday when i go for the medical.

I had a screening visit to check i wasn't CMV positive.

if you have had cold sores then you are likely positive.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    cheers Drysuit - I gave a pint of blood today - first time for years prompted by the article so at least its got be back into the swing of it if nothing else. I don't get cold sores so you never know.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem