Mothers...

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
edited June 2011 in Commuting chat
Having had some entertainment with mine and in laws recently as well as siblings and friends, how about a light hearted monday morning black or white questiont to cause the 'greys' to twitch.

Are mothers, be they your own or in-laws worse than your father or in law?

I don't need to tell you to add more info if you have a particulary good example... :D
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    my inlaws are great.... helps that we don't speak the same language
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Bizarre question - my Dad's dead, but Mum and the In-Laws are great

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    My dad deliberately got cremated just so I couldn't p*ss on his grave. No issues there, then...

My ex Mother-in-Law is one of the nicest people I have ever met.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    My mother in law is a nightmare (not technically a mother in law but as good as ). She is a lovely woman, but she is a typical mother hen with her children (two of whom are in their 40s and one who is in her 20s) and a little overprotective. Added to that she is one of the extremely posh types who really doesn't have a clue who the majority live.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Probably my Dad, but not as bad as he used to be (he's on daily morphine now for arthritis pain, seems to have mellowed him).

But they've all got their faults. The inlaws are rich but tight and a bit unhelpful. My parents are generous but a bit overbearing.

My Sister = PITA
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Own parents - fricking nightmare....
  • Verbal
    Verbal Posts: 100
    Mother-in-law: Daily Mail reading, midly racist snob. Even watching her eat fuels me with a silent rage. Conversely my father-in-law is a really nice man of few words (I think the will to live has been sucked out of him over the years and not in a good way).
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Verbal wrote:
    Mother-in-law: Daily Mail reading, midly racist snob. Even watching her eat fuels me with a silent rage. Conversely my father-in-law is a really nice man of few words (I think the will to live has been sucked out of him over the years and not in a good way).

Are you married to my Brother? :? :lol:

P.s. I have got my tongue in my cheek! :wink:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Verbal wrote:
    Mother-in-law: Daily Mail reading, midly racist snob. Even watching her eat fuels me with a silent rage.

You have my sympathies, this sounds like my Uncle. Long since passed are the days when us supporting the same football team was enough. Alcoholic, layabout, belligerent, lousy father, lousy husband. Tosser. Sorry, was this the rants thread? :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I'll never forget the first time I met an exes parents for the first time.

Me: Hello Mr & MrsSmith, nice to meet you
    Mr Smith: Hi EKE. Its nice to know whos shagging my only daughter.

That was me on the back foot straight away, but he is a really nice guy, just very up front.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    My and Ms DDD's parents are fine. It's me that's the nightmare...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Father in law, a lovely guy who doesn't believe in beating around the bush and come straight out with it. On meeting him for the first time his first words to me were
    "Ah so he's reverted back to type and sleeping with the working classes'
    I was actually lost for words while the sister in law was dying laughing in the corner. :shock:

Myself and James Snr get on really well now, he's learned that I think he's being an oaf I will tell him so. :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men