Chung Mee
Chung Mee Posts: 48
edited June 2011 in Pro race
Lance Armstrong: the endgame begins

http://www.cyclesportmag.com/news-and-c ... me-begins/

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I think your about 3 months behind with this story - Someone else posted it and it`s been done to death on here.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    The link was posted 3 weeks ago in the Hincapie too thread by rdt

If you must troll please try harder.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    yea i read that. perhaps you could discuss tour logistics instead. i always wonder how they transport the team trolls round the country.
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Chung Mee
    Chung Mee Posts: 48
    dougzz wrote:

I was looking at the website for Cycle Sport magazine and that story is on the front page. I therefore assumed that it was a new story. There is no date on it.

I had no idea that it had already been posted here three weeks ago, in a thread three pages back. I had no idea that people are supposed to search through pages of threads, and also down very long threads, to see if anyone else had already posted the same link.

Thank you for setting me right on the modus operandi of this forum.

I strongly object to being called a "troll", and find this forum hostile. I will therefore trouble you no further. Presumably some more fresh meat will arrive for you to call "trolls" and ridicule when they are unaware of this group's history and apparently accepted ways of bullying new posters.

I only wanted to talk about cycling.

Good bye.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Chung Mee wrote:
    I will therefore trouble you no further.
    Good bye.
    Thankyou
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Tad harsh on a relatively new poster?

Strava is not Zen.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,585
    Generally, I think this forum is quite rare for its high standard of contributors and lack of petty arguments and cliques.

Whilst it is sometimes frustrating to see the same things published over and over, it is more frustrating to me see responses like "Use the search function, idiot" and see no link or reference to the relevant answer. This creates noise for people who do search, and acheives nothing other than making the forum look like a hostile clique.

I, for one, welcome posts from everyone whether they are new to the sport Contador fangirls or grumpy old men who think cycling hasn't been the same since 1989.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Chung mee, as your reg date is Aug 2009 you shouldn't have been too surprised or so sensitive, I did the same thing recently and it was pointed out to me too, just ignore the rude posts! Hang around long enough and you know who to avoid/ignore etc just like being in school again!
  • meggiedude
    meggiedude Posts: 257
    kieranb wrote:
    Chung mee, as your reg date is Aug 2009 you shouldn't have been too surprised or so sensitive, I did the same thing recently and it was pointed out to me too, just ignore the rude posts! Hang around long enough and you know who to avoid/ignore etc just like being in school again!
    Yeah, man, just ignore the anti-troll police with their 'holier than thou' ways.
    They probably spend more time on this forum then actually riding their bikes. Sad really.
    Can I upgrade???
  • dougzz
    calvjones wrote:

Maybe, but he/she has posted some amazing contradictions to their pro cycling knowledge, offering to give lessons on the working's of a Grand Tour, and then asking who the Irish fellow on Eurosport is. Just some really odd and seemingly deliberate baiting in threads. Lastly, I think if you start a thread on Lance you better have a thick skin.
  • dougzz
    meggiedude wrote:
    Yeah, man, just ignore the anti-troll police with their 'holier than thou' ways.
    They probably spend more time on this forum then actually riding their bikes. Sad really.

That's maybe true, but it's the pro racing thread, so unless the only contributors are pro racers, we all have more forum experience than riding experience. There are many other threads to discuss bike riding of your own.

To those that think the treatment of Chung Mee was harsh, check out their postings.

Lastly, as I said above, if you start a thread about Armstrong, particularly with the topic the endgame begins, you're asking for trouble, how many Armstrong threads could that have just been appended too?

Thank you.

The Self Appointed Voice of Reason

All of above is partly with tongue in cheek.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    calvjones wrote:

I agree. Some of the people in this place get on my nerves sometimes- especially those who think because they're maybe a little older, they think they know everything and it gives them the right to patronise everyone else.

It's pathetic- and I bet if they were face to face with those they think they're better than, they wouldn't say half the stuff they post on here
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's pathetic- and I bet if they were face to face with those they think they're better than, they wouldn't say half the stuff they post on here

I would. I have no friends though :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    is this the point we start to feel sorry for fanboys because their delusions have been shattered?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • paulcuthbert
    Monty Dog wrote:
    is this the point we start to feel sorry for fanboys because their delusions have been shattered?

Don't remember ever mentioning anything about the subject of this thread- I was talking about the people in general here. Most of them seem like pricks
  • dougzz
    Monty Dog wrote:

Don't remember ever mentioning anything about the subject of this thread- I was talking about the people in general here. Most of them seem like pricks

Is that so, in that case pull apart their posts with logic and reason. So far you've offered a random insult, an accusation of ageism, and suggested that posters are cowards.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Monty Dog wrote:

There are other cycling forum if that's what you think of most people on here. Always thought it was quite civil on here TBH!
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    iainf72 wrote:

I would. I have no friends though :wink:

I long suspected as much :lol:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Most of them seem like pricks

There's no brush like a broad brush!
  • meggiedude
    meggiedude Posts: 257
    dougzz wrote:
    meggiedude wrote:

That's maybe true, but it's the pro racing thread, so unless the only contributors are pro racers, we all have more forum experience than riding experience. There are many other threads to discuss bike riding of your own..
    And your point is what - that he should only post here if he knows all the unofficial 'rules' of this forum, otherwise go elsewhere??. The vast majority here including those berating the op (and me btw) will have no pro-racing experience. That's no excuse for coming down like a ton of bricks on someone making a post.
    dougzz wrote:
    To those that think the treatment of Chung Mee was harsh, check out their postings.
    Who's postings? Chung Mee's one and only post, or should we search through everyone else's inane ramblings.
    dougzz wrote:
    Lastly, as I said above, if you start a thread about Armstrong, particularly with the topic the endgame begins, you're asking for trouble, how many Armstrong threads could that have just been appended too?
    At the end of the day, the guy made an innocent post. All it took was a polite reply to say it's been covered before, instead of what has been posted near the top of this thread. End of.
    dougzz wrote:
    All of above is partly with tongue in cheek.
    And this is your get-out-of-jail I assume.
    Can I upgrade???
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    It's a shame this poster has exited stage left, but it would be handy to encaourage people to search for the existence of a thread on the same topic that they are starting one on.

I have been guilty in the past of jumping in too quickly, but the number of threads on the same subject can make reading this forum a challenge.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    If you look at Chung Mee's previous threads he is clearly not posting genuine questions etc. He appears to be one of those strange people that crave attention by posting 'controversial' threads. He will be loving the responses on here.

Very odd although I am allitle confused by the fierce 'support' for him on here.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462

You'll fit right in then. :lol:
  • paulcuthbert
    andyp wrote:

Again, probably another thing you wouldn't dare say to my face
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    andyp wrote:

My wife has several spare handbags if you need one :roll:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • andyp

InternetToughGuy-1.jpg

Why don't you just grow up, rather than trying to come over all hard on the internet?
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Chung Mee wrote:
    dougzz wrote:

I was looking at the website for Cycle Sport magazine and that story is on the front page. I therefore assumed that it was a new story. There is no date on it.

I had no idea that it had already been posted here three weeks ago, in a thread three pages back. I had no idea that people are supposed to search through pages of threads, and also down very long threads, to see if anyone else had already posted the same link.

Thank you for setting me right on the modus operandi of this forum.

I strongly object to being called a "troll", and find this forum hostile. I will therefore trouble you no further. Presumably some more fresh meat will arrive for you to call "trolls" and ridicule when they are unaware of this group's history and apparently accepted ways of bullying new posters.

I only wanted to talk about cycling.

Good bye.
    Just ignore the minority masturbaters on here who take great pride in ridiculing such posts and pointing out trivialities like spelling mistakes and they have nothingbetter to do all day than go through every single post on the website trying to find a post to jump on :lol:
  • paulcuthbert
    Just ignore the minority masturbaters on here who take great pride in ridiculing such posts and pointing out trivialities like spelling mistakes and they have nothingbetter to do all day than go through every single post on the website trying to find a post to jump on :lol:

+1
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Maybe people lead very sheltered lives, but people here tend to be very civil and pleasant I'd say.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    I'd agree - it's very civil here on the whole.