It mid June and

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
People aew walking past my window in wooly hats and warm coats.

For crying out loud, the weather is really that shit. :twisted:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Yep. That bearded gobshite up there needs to sort it out.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    I put the heating on today.WTF :(
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    only good thing about it is I've got the whisky out and watching james may take on the Krauts.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Went to my local in shirt and woolly jumper... :( Hoofing down with rain and less than two weeks until "mid" summer. Anyway, I'm off to get me sprouts on for xmas
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    edited June 2011
    Yup!

Nice April and 2 scorching days at the start (Edit fix :wink: ) of June otherwise it may as well be March :evil:

I blame Wiggle :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Yeah I blame Wiggle too. With impeccable timing, I've just received an email from them....
    Wiggle wrote:
    The sun is shining & the days are getting longer, making it feel like summer is now well and truly upon us.....
    It must be their fault that I got pi$$ wet through in a race this afternoon. :roll:
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I'm still sleeping with 2 duvets, and I always carry a gillet and warmers on my rides. Yep, quite sick of this weather now...
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    the only thing that keeps me sane while cleaning the bike of muck and road grit after every ride in the winter is the dream of hot sunny rides in the summer to look forward too, i want the payback now please!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    We've had the driest and warmest spring period for many many years and people still aren't satisfied?
  • Steveorow
    Steveorow Posts: 162
    longlegs ..............

Driest in the South east maybe . The further north and west you go the wetter it gets . Some places in May had 3 X normal rainfall :shock:

So when I hear theres a drought in SE my heart bleeds ..............not .
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    I wore arm warmers for my whole ride on Saturday! :oops:

But then, I am a southern softie! :oops:
  • daviesee
    I've had the driest and warmest spring period for many many years and people still aren't satisfied?

FTFY
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    To be fair; if you live NW England or Scotland, then wet weather in abundance is in the contract.

;) tongue firmly in cheek!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    dry in the se?
    is it not because there are too many of you crowding in a prosperous but tiny enclave running out of drinking water ? and you are all on the sinking bow end of Titanic Uk?
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    daviesee wrote:
    Yup!

Nice April and 2 scorching days at the end of June otherwise it may as well be March :evil:

As it's mid June, can I enquire as to where you purchased your time machine ? Wiggle ?
    :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    Nearly chucked the heating on yesterday and I often switch it off in the middle of winter! Granted I had been out for hours in the rain watching my daughter show jumping but still! I went out on the bike on Saturday and spect the last 15 miles struggling to see through rain and hail getting driven in my face. Usually at this time of year I enjoy a cool bath after a ride but got it as hot as possible after that ride - I can't remember such bad conditions in June before, they even had snow flurries on Snowdon last Friday apparently!
  • daviesee
    MattC59 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    Yup!

Nice April and 2 scorching days at the end of June otherwise it may as well be March :evil:

As it's mid June, can I enquire as to where you purchased your time machine ? Wiggle ?
    :wink:

Correct and it's not too nice in July either. However, as it is a Wiggle machine all info in this post may be faulty :wink:
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    than two weeks until "mid" summer. Anyway, I'm off to get me sprouts on for xmas

We're still in spring though. Summer starts around third week of June.

It's all so confusing, the start of British Summer Time, the longest day, midsummer day, and the season of summer are all calculated using different methods.
    "Coming through..."
  • daviesee
    TuckerUK wrote:

We're still in spring though. Summer starts around third week of June.

Hmmm.

I always thought - March-May spring, June-Aug summer, Sep-Nov autumn, Dec-Feb winter. :?:

By your reckoning summer would last well into September if we assume 3 months per season. That's not been my experience at any end of the UK (allowing for exceptions).

Just curious how these things work.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    The British climate consists of six months of cold and rain,and then its winter .LOL
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • You're all big girl's blouses
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't mind if its not too bad, but I hate seeing adverts for stuff where there is glorious sunshine epitomising a British summer, Grrr. :cry:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Why the fk can't it just rain when I'm in bed or at work and be sunny at all other times?
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    dont know whats up with you all?

I am sporting lovely red legs up to where my bib shorts started from Saturdays 70 miler!

You got to be in it to win it 8) 8) 8)

And its sun burn not wind rash before you clever sods start!! :roll:
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Talikng of weather anyone ride Torq Rough Ride MTB Enduro (OK this is road forum but..) Welsh Marches area, on Sunday?
    6 degrees C at start, heavy rain all day, windy; 30 + cases of hypothermia from reports.
    Wore same setup as I use in February :(
    Dry and sunny today forecast
    Wet for weekend :(
    Mostly using winter bike with full mudguards, occasional outing on best bike :)