is RULE74PLEASE okay? Paypal alias: alistermac

madness
madness Posts: 61
Probs shouldn't have handed over the money so quickly but paid £50 for some forks yesterday morning via paypal gift and haven't heard anything back. Can anyone reassure me? Thanks, fingers-crossed. [/u][/quote]

Comments

• SCOTT325SE
    SCOTT325SE Posts: 888
    madness wrote:
    Probs shouldn't have handed over the money so quickly but paid £50 for some forks yesterday morning via paypal gift and haven't heard anything back. Can anyone reassure me? Thanks, fingers-crossed.

YESTERDAY morning? Are you serious? People have lives, they have families and they have jobs.... They aren't gonna be here the very instant you reply to every post of PM. If you havn't heard from him in a WEEK, then maybe get worried, but ONE DAY? Maybe consider taking that Chill Pill?
    Peace
  • madness
    Well I have my suspicions... I paid 'Alister Mac' on paypal, and his name appears here also under a different username:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12782516

Can anyone report a successful transaction with him?
  • SCOTT325SE
    the addition of multiple user names DOES make it more suspicios, i must admit
  • madness
    He has refunded the £50 after I asked for him to prove he was genuine by refunding the money (he hasn't sent it yet).

SO AT THE VERY LEAST HE ISN'T A DESPERATE SCAMMER.
  • SCOTT325SE
    so good news then. Glad you havnt been 'done' mate.
  • markshaw77
    markshaw77 Posts: 437
    Sadly, for the rest of us, things aren't so great

I am nearly 3 weeks down the line from paying for some Q rings and despite a PM saying they had been posted, nothing has turned up and I have had no response to any emails or PMs, so even if he isn't a desperate scammer, he is certainly a particularly unhelpful/dishonest seller
  • fred22
    fred22 Posts: 509
    SCOTT325SE wrote:
    madness wrote:
    Probs shouldn't have handed over the money so quickly but paid £50 for some forks yesterday morning via paypal gift and haven't heard anything back. Can anyone reassure me? Thanks, fingers-crossed.

YESTERDAY morning? Are you serious? People have lives, they have families and they have jobs.... They aren't gonna be here the very instant you reply to every post of PM. If you havn't heard from him in a WEEK, then maybe get worried, but ONE DAY? Maybe consider taking that Chill Pill?
    Peace

No, I dont agree. If someone comes on here with enough energy and time to post an advert asking for money then I expect them to have the decency and sense to manage a simple reply certainly within 24 hours, unless they state otherwise.

I think buyers have the right to expect pretty rapid responses unless the advert or seller makes it clear that they wont, the guy who started this thread had waited 36 hours or so for a reply, thats plenty long enough for the seller to send a pm saying "thanks for the payment etc" When people part with money to someone on this forum they really need that reassurance: every time you buy off here from someone you dont know personally then you are sending money to a total stranger
  • I just bought a Shimano Tiagra reach Mech from him, arrived in a few days and was much better condtion that i imagined.

I have no complaints dealing with Alister (RULE74PLEASE) !

8)
    2012 Giant Defy Composite 1
    2010 Kenisis Racelight T2 (Single Speed)
    2010 Specialized Sirrus
    2010 Giant Talon 0
    2010 Orbea Aqua TTG
  • flynn160603
    flynn160603 Posts: 476
    Positive from me....he responded to a wanted add I put up...agreed a deal on a chain ring....paid the fellow within a couple of hours and it arrived the next day.....only a £10 transaction.....but even so super quick delivery better than wiggle
    Tarmac Summer: Burls Custom Ti,
    Tarmac Winter: Dolan Preffisio
    Mud: 2013 orange five pro, 2012 Cube Ltd Race, 1992 saracen sahara elite