Cube Streamer ebay listing - suspected stolen?

tommytrix
tommytrix Posts: 2
edited August 2011 in Road stolen
Came across this bike on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_949

You can tell from the photos it has a full Ultegra groupset, yet the seller fails to mention this in the description. Or any other of the bikes features. Just amateur observations about its condition. I would have thought someone selling such a nice bike would know a little bit more about it...

ALSO. check his selling history. Several nice bikes sold over the last year..

I contacted the seller to ask further details about the groupset. He didn't answer my questions and replied with a copied and pasted full spec of the bike from a website.

I find this very suspicious and wonder if he can be stopped?

Comments

• MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    Stopped from doing what exactly? Unless you can prove that he is selling stolen bikes, which I'm pretty sure you can't, then he is doing nothing wrong. If you can prove that he is selling stolen bikes then you should be contacting his local Police (for all the good that will do you, waste of tax payers money) not posting it on a forum.
  • i'd wager it's stolen. hopefully by placing this on the forum someone reading this will spot their bike.
  • adnewall
    adnewall Posts: 22
    As correct as you may be that it could be stolen. I do feel it is quite unfair to suggest someone is scamming.

This board makes more sense, in my opinion, to be about people who have had their bikes go missing, rather than posting about suspicious listings – it becomes the owners responsibility to try and find/let people know if they have been relieved of their possession.

If a post hindered a listing from getting as much bidding interest, I would of thought that makes the OP just as much a thief.
    VirtuosoFury – FCN 6
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    They all look suspicious to me, but unless the previous owners can interest the police in trying to retrieve their property and apprehending the seller there's sweet FA we can do about it.
  • Well of course the bike is stolem.
    Just read the guys feedback, all he seems to sell is stolen bkes, and with 69% feedback
    I am shocked people still bid on a low feedback seller.
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    Why not tip off the fuzz. Next time he puts a bike on ebay they can go round to check it out. It is pretty obvious they these bikes are dodgy.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    yes he's obviously a thieving illiterate cretin

But how can one prove it?? :?

The best way for these thieving idiots to be stopped is by nobody bidding on an obvious stolen bike

But as long as people will buy an obviously nicked bike, scrotes will continue to nick them.......
  • timmyturbo
    timmyturbo Posts: 617
    my local bike shop only sells about 20 bikes in that timespan , well dodgy indeed , but as somebody said NO Proof = NO Crime
    Britannia waives the rules
  • Ian65
    Ian65 Posts: 66
    For god's sake - look at his ebay history! Unbelievable.
    They are obviously all nicked.
    Look at the positive feedback. Incredible.
    Someone got a decent Trek for £117. A Giant and a Specialized have gone for about the same or not much more.
    Do the buyers think he's a charity that gives bikes away cheaply or might they suspect they are buying someone's pride and joy and thereby encouraging him to continue stealing them.
    Words fail me.