Newbie wants a Stinger!

bungalballs
bungalballs Posts: 193
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All,

My first post! I'm with the cliche 'getting back into it' gang after several years... a couple of months ago I got all excited and found a new love in my life; a Whyte T120 which I have duly named Jimmy. Anyhow, I'm treating my new love - Jimmy Whyte - on a romantic trip to Morzine. (Girlfriend = very p'd off/jealous).

Every now and again Jimmy throws a wobbly and 'whips' the chain off from the bottom of the crank when I'm at speed on rough stuff, so think I'm going to get the Blackspire Stinger chain guide.

Here's the question; I having got a clue about the new BB lingo and so not sure which mount I need. My bike has S1400/x7 2x10 cranks, and a BB printed "GXP". The Whyte website suggests it is a PF 30 with integrated ISCG 5 tabs, but I can't see any tabs on the drive side of the BB or BB shell (haven't removed cranks to look more closely). I would imagine these tabs would be obvious if I had them?

Any ideas which one I would need? BB mount or ISCG mount? Also how easy are they to fit, am I able to DIY without special tools?

I just want to get the right type of bling for Jimmy before our trip!

Ta.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    If PF BB only then you cant use any device.

If it has ISCG o5 mounts then that is what you need to use.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown